Re: more negative publicity

........my god he had a basement? We've got to eliminate those basements and go back to cellars.......and he was a husband too!! What a coincidence!!

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

yeah I saw it too...but as usual they got it wrong.......how many truly = amateur rocketry people make engines out of BP, the supposed ingredient = for the bomb....? I guess they were using a 1950's circa reference to = a basement bomber huh? ridiculous......

shockie B)

Just finished watching the CBS TV detective show 'Cold Case'.They were = > hunting down a bomber,and it turned out the husband who "made amateur=20 > rockets in his basement" was the one. > That was his 'experience' in bombmaking. >=20 > --=20 > Jim Yanik,NRA member > snipped-for-privacy@kua.net
Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Remember the movie, Backdraft? I've had dozens of people insinuate that I was an arsonist after that movie came out, and a few that outright said that all firefighters are arsonists.

tim

shockwaveriderz wrote:

Reply to
Tim

That is beyond dramatic lisence.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I was going to say that the amateur rocketry aspect played only a minor part. But I bet all of us who watched the episode knew exactly what he was doing when he pulled the strip out of the bomb, and more than a few of us were thinking about better ways to arm it.

Let's face it. If someone sets a bomb off at one of our houses, we're all going to lawyer up and do everything we can to prove our innocence while not getting falsely entrapped.

If someone in an amateur radio operator's neighborhood gets cooked to death by radio waves, they're going to investigate him (R.F. Burns - and he can vouch for it!).

Someone with a gun collection is going to be questioned if the next door neighbor gets blown away.

Arson inspectors check the local fire departments when they begin an investigation.

Someone getting on an airplane, nervously repeating "Allah Akbar!" and sweating is going to get checked rather closely, even if he is part of the "B-Mod Program For Frightened Fliers."

Are all rocketry people bombers? No. Are all amateur radio operators murderers? Are all gun collectors homicidal maniacs? Are all Muslims suicide bombers? Are all firefighters arsonists?

Of course not. But under the right circumstances, we're going to have to answer a lot of questions.

Be cooperative, but only once your lawyer shows up.

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

Nuh uh. Free speech exception :)