Re: wow, I am one of the top posters!

Everyone,

drifting again...

This is something that has me somewhat puzzled about this or any other group. In the great scheme of things, why does it matter what anyone else thinks, to any of us, about any topic, to the point that it ruins the experience? As has been stated, ; ) ... it's almost all opinion, the whole thing, so why should anyone else's opinion matter to that extent? The only opinion that matters that much to me is my wife's. Surely, as much as we enjoy this hobby, all of us have things that matter much more than rocketry to us.

I have probably responded (not originated) to OT posts as much or more than anyone and to those I've caused distress, I apologize. To me, sometimes... the OT, is just as relative as the hobby. Why? Because I like to know a little about the person involved. This is a world wide hobby now and to me, it's good to hear from those in other cultures about the hobby and the politics affecting them. In the U.S., we have long pitied those that don't have the freedom we're used to. It's ironic that now, WE are the ones being regulated and possibly into extinction.We're giving them a heads up to what may soon come their way.

Maybe I'm weird but I like to hear from people in other places and cultures, even those who have a different opinion than mine, as long as we can be civil. It never hurts to hear the other side's point of view. I know I will respond to more OT, because it's always been a part of this group. It may not be a part of the hobby but it IS a part of this group.

IMHO, RMR is the best group on the net and I always enjoy reading ALL the posts. It's the best sandbox / playground, around. You know, if the OT bothers anyone, all you have to do is just move on to the next thread. Don't let it get to you to the point it spoils the hobby for you.

Ok, blaze away.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

The listings are ranked by the number days a person has posted. Then it lists the number of times each person has posted. So by the number of days, I'm in second place behind Jerry, but in number of posts, I'm in third place after you.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Because there are control freaks that just cannot stand that someone else on THEIR planet would be so bold as to offer an opposing opinion and it musst be beaten into submission or its offeror attacked personally till FUD well exceeds reality. Scorched earth is the first line of offense, and it escalates from there. Nothing is too severe: Slander, Libel, Assault, Trade Libel, Banning, Mail fraud as retaliation, pretty much everything short of murder . . . so far.

All of us except meglomaniacs and control freaks.

As zealotry goes, yes.

Or log off!

Merely Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

ya know, I *could* post more, but i tend to do things like build rockets

Reply to
tater schuld

At least Christopher is being reasonable :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I'm sorry I called you a lawyer.

But if you ever get the urge, my brother is a professor at Haahvaahd laaaaw...

Bob Kaplow

I want to personally thank you for apologizing to him. Nobody deserves to be called something so vile as a lawyer.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine