"Rockets" magazine has started accepting subscriptions

Post office got PISSED when they read on the bulk mail permit
"Model Aircraft Parts"
Oops, that was the wrong parcel, sorry

W. E. Fred Wallace wrote:

Maybe the shipments were mislabled "Paper Airplane Parts"... ;)
DSC

Sorry I left you out.

I actually prefer it that way with you Phil.

THen don't bring it up. There's no pleasing some people.
This is just a sample and the "nits" will become less and less. However, knowing both individuals, as well as I do, I know they expect and welcome constructive criticism. So, feel free to send them an email.
Fred "one of them MDRA Big Dog flyers" Wallace
David Erbas-White wrote:

I've been gone a while. What ever happened to Bruce Kelley and HPR? Thanks.
Steve Lubecki
steve wrote:

Bruce was unable to meet the publishing requirements stipulated in his contract with TRA. As a result, the contract was terminated at LDRS last summer.

After missing the requirements continuously for 12 years.

There was no formal contract for many years. The current Tripoli board finally created a formal contract with HPR. The contract was terminated for non-performance.
Brian Elfert

There was a WRITTEN promise both in the magazine and at the associated (TRA) websites of a price and a frequency. The price was collected and the frequency was NOT delivered.
That "promise" was indeed a contract.
Jerry
Jerry Irvine wrote:

A "promise" is NOT a contract.

In your case, neither a promise nor a contract is a contract.
Post your 4-1-91 contract :)
Jerry Irvine wrote:

What contract? Post a copy of this "4-1-91 contract" that you mention.

Yep. I also find it odd that a contract had to be created to define non performance. Hell if there's no contract you you feel the is a performance issue, just fire his ass.

Dave Grayvis disagrees with the obvious. Of course.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

No jerry, I'm disagreeing with your assertion that a promise is a contract.
I am not in disagreement with issues of HPR mag.
writes:

And how many years was the contract in place and how many of those years was the contract requirement met?
kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.mars (Bob Kaplow) writes:

Going from memory, the formal contract was in place for only one, maybe two years. You could reread the BOD minutes if you want the exact dates.
Since there was no formal contract, I don't know why the BOD couldn't have terminated the deal at any time. I think some of the old BOD members simply didn't care, especially since Bruce Kelly was president and HPR publisher.
The new BOD decided there should be a formal contract to see if Bruce would finally live up to his obligations and he didn't.
Brian Elfert

Just a guess. Gross stupidity?
Jerry