"Rockets" magazine has started accepting subscriptions

On 26 Jan 2006 14:21:58 -0600, kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.mars (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

The contract was in place for about 1 year.

Wonder if he's in prison for mail fraud. Does anyone know? Does anyone care?

Isn't he still running TRA HQ? More importantly, isn't TRA money still going through his hands?
On 28 Jan 2006 08:02:54 -0600, kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.mars (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

No. TRA's money goes to Bruce Lee.
Bob Kaplow wrote:

Only if you send cash. Credit card processing is in the hands of Bruce Lee, and checks are also deposited by Bruce Lee -- the TRA accounts are at a Nebraska bank, and Bruce Lee holds the checkbook.
-Kevin

Thanks for the update.
Don't get me wrong, I plan on subscribing, but I'm 'disappointed' at how it's been presented at kickoff.
David Erbas-White
W. E. Fred Wallace wrote:

David Erbas-White wrote:

The folks who submitted bids to provide the mag for TRA had to include a sample to give the BOD some idea of what the mag would look like. That's all this sample is.

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Ray,
First, I still plan on subscribing, but I'm disappointed at the first public presentation.
Second, IF what you say is true, it does not negate my statements. A magazine that is 'published' (even as a sample) showing events in November of 2005, should not have a publication date of Jan/Feb 2005.
Unless this is HPR under new ownership??? <G>
David Erbas-White
Will Marchant wrote:

Not for us overseas yet though. But as with all good things, it will come with time & the USPS. Though I'm increasingly unsure about the latter...
G.
--
Graham J. Platt
graham (a) bowhunter (d) demon (d) co (d) uk

I think the Chinese guys that sell movie DVD's before the movie is in the theaters, will have copies of Rocketry for sale before Neil and Bob mail the first issue. Keep an eye out. This will be a hot item.

Jack Benny: Now THAT'S funny. : )
Randy www.vernarockets.com

I think Rebel have announced they will be stocking it over this side of the pond. Cheers Mike 8-{>
-- UKRA #1208 L2 RSO EARS # 1118 TRA UK #3207 L1 (The Original TRA UK that is) -=*=- Gravity is a harsh Mistress -=*=- -=*=- The Tick -=*=- Remove .co.uk from Reply To: address.
Also, I just had confirmed from Bob Utley that the new magazine will offer "protected" delivery for $1 more per issue -- otherwise they slap a label on the magazine and send it out. The new delivery option will be on the web site soon.
And you can rest assure that the first issue will have the correct dates!
I just signed up for 12 issues, and I've asked for advertising information. I know these guys, and I believe they'll give it their best shot...even though they often don't show enough respect for the sacred English language!
Doug Pratt dad-at-pratthobbies-dot-com
Bruce Sexton wrote:

Bruce Sexton wrote:

Now that's tempting, since the Post Office seems to like to chew on my issue of ER each month....
-Kevin
On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 17:35:25 -0600, Kevin Trojanowski

I hope they don't chew up the half that you didn't write. 8-)
Check out their subscription page -- it has been updated to include Canada and Australia plus they've added the "envelope" option for $1 per issue.

For normal US delivery, will they be sending this out via the magazine rate, instead of the more expensive rate that HPR used?