ROL NEWS--AeroTech Re-releases D21T Single-Use Motors

In article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Stan at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote on 7/21/05 7:23 PM:

$11.95 each suggested retail.
Gary
--
Gary Rosenfield
President, AeroTech Consumer Aerospace

Barcode: yes Bag thickness: DOT excessive.
Phil Stein wrote:

while you were looking at the big picture, you missed the fact that the time stamps of the message don't match!! horror of horrors, the press release is "Web posted at: 5:37 PM EDT" but the new server time stamp is clearly 3 MINUTES LATER. harrumph.
On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 21:29:26 -0700, Cliff Sojourner

COuld be a latency conspiracy - Iz better investigate. 8-)
This is good news for the rocketry world... This means that people who fly Estes and Quest can now dip into AEROTECH motors without investing in an 18mm case. Then if they like it they can move on to larger motors or for that matter stick with the 18mm. The point is this opens the door for a lot of basic Model Rocketeers, to keep intrest in rocketry with a new and exciting change over the common Estes Motor. Aerotech is in the back of Model Retailer (an industry mag) this month too. Rocketry has a chance to make a big push in the near future and the 18mm single use helps to build a bridge from Estes to Aerotech.

Alas, at $12 a pop, they won't be able to fly that many. The reality is that the labor to make a D21 is essentially the same as the labor to make an F20 or a G38. The only real savings is a bit of propellant. That makes the payback point on a 18/20 RMS casing only a handful of flights.
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
    Voting for "the lesser of two evils" is still voting for evil.
kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.mars (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

Plus molded cases cost more money in exchange for less epoxy.
Bob,
Now that you have removed the "remove TRA BOD" from your sig, will they reinstate you yet?
Jerry
Yes but you have to remeber we are talking about people, who are fearful of "assembling" their own motor. No matter how easy it might be it is still a big step and having a small single use will help.
Bob Kaplow wrote:

One 'minor' quibble -- there are some rockets that won't accept a D in an RMS case, but will accept the SU ones. Usually, these are the ones with the plastic back end. For example, I'm a big fan of SkyWinders, but I'd love to put a D in them (suitably beefed up, of course). The RMS with a D13 would be great, but the casing won't fit. I'm a tad reticent about putting a D21 in one of these things, though.
David Erbas-White

True. One of the reasons I like the Quest saucer better than the Estes one: It WILL take the D13 RMS.
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
"I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in and the West in general into an unbearable hell and a choking life."

one:
hUH ?
Snitch Girl has put Ds, Fs, Gs, and Yes, Is and Js in the Estes Saucers!
Albit with Is and Js, a tube is inserted into the saucer for a motor mount, recovery device from what I have seen of her rockets.
you just have to use an xacto or dremel ;-)