ROL NEWS--AeroTech Re-releases D21T Single-Use Motors

I *HAVE* found errors on that list, and thye have always been corrected. You can keep your buck.

I politely asked again last month. I used the link on the TMT web page. Still not as much as a reply to my email. Not even an F-ing F!

True NAR does not and never has reimbursed BOD members for their travel. I know TRA used to do this, but don't know if they still do. Maybe I should rejoin TRA and get on the BOD so my LDRS travel expenses would be reimbursed :-)

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

I'm not. I'm saying that CTI broke down the door, and AT followed them through it. Much as Rocketflite started using aluminum casings for their BP motors after AT introduced reloads with aluminum casings.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

NAR updated their certified motor list whenever something changes. They also update the chronology showing a modification history for the list, which now goes back over a decade. I asked them to do this for a LONG time before they finally started doing it.

The combined NAR-TRA-CAR list is updated twice a year.

I can't recall details, but even when I caught an obvious error on the TMT list, I was ignored.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Thank you Bob.

The trolls still ignore it of course. Data is so inconvenient when it shows you are dead wrong :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Clueless.

We were talking about TMT behavior.

Oh wait, telling you this is a waste of time too.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yes jerry, listening to you IS a waste of time.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Yeah, like that big fine from DOT, the ATF's published statement saying that manufacturers of rocket motors must have LEMPs, the CSFM regs requiring permits for manufacturers of rocket motors, the court judgement from your fraud conviction, your felony conviction for possession of a destructive device, etc. LOTS of "inconvenient" data there.

raydunakin

Nobody at TMT ever refused to accept adjustable delays at any time; however, the original concept for the Pro38 delay system was "infinite" adjustment (vernier scale) like the 54's. That was shut down by the TMT of that time period as being too much of a paradigm shift. Instead they asked if we could provide finite stops, so we agreed to do so, which required some expensive retooling and some time. When the Pro38's were certified, 3 samples of each delay time were required to be provided, so while the tool is quite convenient for the end user, it sure didn't save us anything with regards to certification requirements.

When the 54's were being developed, two things had happened; (1) there was a track record of Pro38 adjustable delay usage and thereby an increased "comfort factor", and (2) TMT had changed helm and appeared to be more comfortable with new or newer concepts. With the 54 system we had to test three at full delay, three at minimum delay, plus intermediate spot checks. And it is true that the first Pro54 certified was the J210 and it was done as a joint CAR/NAR certification session with Jack Kane in attendance, with NAR issuing the certification document. The requirements for delay testing were hashed out on the spot [as per above]. The rest of the 54's were certified by CAR using the same requirements. TMT was happy with the procedures.

However, had we known we could simply "endorse" the adjustment of our delays we could have saved a lot of trouble during certification over the last few years. But apparently providing a tool with preset stops/vernier scale plus instructions for use, and testing the system thoroughly prior to certification is not enough in comparison. ;-)

Mike D CTI

Reply to
Mike Dennett

Excuse.

At the PEAK in the AeroTech shortage. Notably with an uncertain future at the time.

Showing you "tried to cooperate".

PROOF.

The prior 15+ year track record with USR, AT and others was somehow insufficient?

TMT newbies have not "drank the Kool-Aid yet".

There is no NFPA reg for that! :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Jerry, take off the blinders of hate. The Pro38 motors were available for nearly a year prior to the Aerotech fire. In fact they received their CSFM approvals in January of 2001 (something your motors never had). The AT fire happened in October 2001.

raydunakin

They were in fact first released at LDRS19 in Orangeburg, SC, June 2000. The first customer was Jeff Taylor. I was actually the first to cert on one, finally getting my L1 on a G60 in a converted AT Astrobee D kit ;-) . It was announced as an "irony flight". Nice kit actually.

Reply to
Mike Dennett