ROL NEWS--AeroTech Re-releases D21T Single-Use Motors

jerry, Better stick to worrying about your own financial "position".

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

NAR has been lax in updating the "last tested date" on the PDF files. I've asked them to fix this, and been told that they would do so.

Agreed.

Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Again: Is the pdf showing the "last tested date" or the "last date we tested this motor and found out it's performance changed"? In other words, if the retest shows the same performance withing acceptable limits, they don't re-generate the same data sheet.

Reply to
shreadvector

Couldn't that simply be done on the link that refers to the pdf file?

Please pass along to the NAR webmaster.

Low labor solutions since 1980.

Finally a clear point of agreement.

So doesn't this pretty much verify out loud what we already know, that AT is selling a lot of "uncertified" motors?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Is that how long it's been?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

This is good news for the rocketry world... This means that people who fly Estes and Quest can now dip into AEROTECH motors without investing in an 18mm case. Then if they like it they can move on to larger motors or for that matter stick with the 18mm. The point is this opens the door for a lot of basic Model Rocketeers, to keep intrest in rocketry with a new and exciting change over the common Estes Motor. Aerotech is in the back of Model Retailer (an industry mag) this month too. Rocketry has a chance to make a big push in the near future and the

18mm single use helps to build a bridge from Estes to Aerotech.
Reply to
Countdown Hobbies

true, but his new d21 also uses a new molded casing that the old D21 didin't....I would consider that a major change..

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Ignore the man behind the curtain.

Hey on a non-adversarial note, this seems to indicate we are closer indeed to the "Quest" D20 as well.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

yeah I asked over on TRF why in the world we need an AT/RCS D21 and a Quest D20, when both are probably made by the same people.....

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Good thing that didn't happen with TRA, I'd hate to see what you would say if it did.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Paaalllleeezze, set down your wine and cheese.

Heck, the D21 is a single use, not a reload even.

the TV says to seek medical attention if Woody persists for more then 4 hours

Reply to
AlMax

You owe me a new keyboard...

Mario

Reply to
Mario Perdue

Alas, at $12 a pop, they won't be able to fly that many. The reality is that the labor to make a D21 is essentially the same as the labor to make an F20 or a G38. The only real savings is a bit of propellant. That makes the payback point on a 18/20 RMS casing only a handful of flights.

Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Plus molded cases cost more money in exchange for less epoxy.

Bob,

Now that you have removed the "remove TRA BOD" from your sig, will they reinstate you yet?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yes but you have to remeber we are talking about people, who are fearful of "assembling" their own motor. No matter how easy it might be it is still a big step and having a small single use will help.

Reply to
Countdown Hobbies

Yup. I'd say this was enough to trigger a new cert. I notice that Gary hasn't chimed in on this thread... He got caught with his shorts down (again) and just wants it to go away.

Reply to
AZ Woody

When you are the "favorite son" of two member associations, he gets some special consideration. I am not so firmly opposed to that as the negative special attention others get as well.

A level AND FAIR playing field is all I have ever advocated at Tripoli but that is a distant dream.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

It this had happened with TRA, Kaplow would be spewing about it for the next

10 years on RMR. Seem's Bob is a bit biased! Didn't we all just see a long spew from Bob about delay times and TMT!

Yet on this, it's "I talked to NAR, and they tell me they will try to be better, and that ok with the KraplowMaster!"

Reply to
AZ Woody

Felons are not allowed to play.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

I think the difference is the NAR actually has and tends to publish the test data, so when they get behind on the website, it is noticed real-time.

However NAR S&T has always responded in a timely manner to physical requests for copies of recent test data.

Furthermore NAR makes formal notices each and every time there is a change of status to the certified motor group.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine