[saverocketrylater.tra]

Bob Kaplow wrote:

Based on what I've seen over the years, that's probably true (my two cents, which in this case isn't worth much because I wasn't active at that time)

Again, based on what I've seen over the years, that's also probably true, but I also understand how/why NAR may or may not have responded in the way that you might have desired.

This is the first I've heard of this, and it's somewhat illuminating. If that is the case, what was the response? If NFPA decided that there WAS something to be concerned about, what was done? If they decided there WASN'T anything to be concerned about, then this pretty much says that your concerns may have been unfounded, does it not?
This last is a serious question, not meant as flame bait. Hopefully, you've seen enough of my commentary to believe that...
David Erbas-White

NFPA:
We rent rooms.
We sell books. A lot of them. Thin ones.
Go away and bother the committes stuffed with commercial interests :)

NFPA:
We rent rooms.
We sell books. A lot of them. Thin ones.
Go away and bother the committes stuffed with commercial interests :)
Ah, come on, that's SOMETHING!!
Jerry
"I am NOT at all satisfied with the organizations performance in the development of NFPA codes, and was appalled at their obstruction of the legislative effort. They presume to be rocketry advocacies, but conduct themselves like rocketry regulatory advocacies and kindly offer to be the surrogates of those who would just as soon see rocketry extinguished." - Izzy
Get over it.
Reality bites!!
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Apparently, it does for you.

Apparantly, to the clueless.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

That's what I said.
Bob Kaplow wrote:

No one has ever been kicked out for merely "asking" about anything.

Apparently neither of these orgs came to the same conclusions you did regarding TRA's operations. Sadly, that's not good enough for you.

You ARE that myopic.

Jerry
"What I find interesting about your behavior, is the sheer energy you expend changing the subject, and attacking the messenger rather than addressing the message. ANY of several messages." - Jerry
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

To a person full of spite, is it ever?
Makes me wonder how Bob handles his ulcers worrying over crap thats ten(13?) plus years old.
Oh well, I guess getting kick out of a little rocket club really can have a nasty affect on the ego.
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
Bob Kaplow wrote:

So did any of those agencies respond and take any action?
Fred
Bob Kaplow wrote:

Prove it, Bob. You're getting as bad as Jerry when it comes to making claims without providing solid proof, at least when it comes to your favorite whipping boy (TRA). Conjecture, speculation and opinion do not constitute proof.

No, YOU prove that they were tested. I've been trying to get TRA to prove it for a decade now, and all I get is no response from them and idiots who can't understand simple logic showing what they did was bogus.

I'm not gonna waste the bandwidth posting the TMT motor data again. Go find it in your favorite newsgroup search. But I posted the data from Cato and from McMurray that showed only a couple dozen AT motor tests in the 3 year gap, while over 200 would have been needed to cert the new motors added to the lst in that time. That has NEVER been refuted or explained.
I've offered to PAY for the data for particular motors, and to permanently drop this topic and apologize if shown the data that proves me wrong. Nothing.
SHOW ME THE DATA.
or SHUT THE #!%@ UP!
We have awakened a sleeping giant and instilled in it a terrible resolve. -- Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, WWII.

THIS
SHOULD
BE
IN
THE
FAQ.
Bob Kaplow wrote:

You're the one making the claim, the burden of proof is on you.

Lack of data is not proof that those particular motors were not tested. However, that's not the issue here. You made the claim that NO TMT chairman other than Cato has ever "gotten the whole job done". There's been several TMT chairmen since that time. What proof do you have that ALL of them have failed to do their job?
Furthermore, TRA created, owns, and operates Tripoli Motor Testing. It is up to TRA to determine what the TMT chairman's job is and how it should be done -- not you and not Jerry.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Obviously NFPA has no issue with what ever TRA and NAR are doing. Why do you? You either comply as the rest of the manufactures do or you don't. You don't comply; therefore you don't have certified motors; NAR, TRA, or CARR. Do you want some cheese with "yoo whine boy"????
Fred

Nope. They rent a room and print books.
But the states that have adopted NFPA-1125 might :)
Jerry Irvine wrote:

So what does the states have to do with you being compliance with TRA and NAR requirements?
On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 15:48:21 -0400, "W. E. Fred Wallace"

Actually, that's probably something Jerry has in common with the states. States probably aren't compliant with NAR & TRA requirements either.
Phil Stein wrote:

ROTFLMAO

First things first, but not necessarily in that order.
Let's save JerryIrvine.con
Kidding aside, I like Jerry. I'd rather have a few beers with Jerry, than a more respectable NAR trustee. Let's all pray for Jerry. I'm not sure exactly what to pray for; respectability, credibility, RMR netiquete. that sort of thing.
Alan
I think Jerry should produce and sell "Save Jerry!" T-shirts and sell them on RMR...
Oh, wait.. He tried a t-shirt deal a few years back. Seems there was some problem where people who paid never got a t-shirt... (like everyone)
At least he hasn't single handedly cause ROL forums to shutdown in a few years. Now those were interesting times!