Sealed military record?

I told you so.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Is warmonger a good or bad thing if it results in (relative) freedom from rape and exploitation of millions followed by electons?

(Ignoring the cost of 1000 lives and $200b of course)

?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

and exploitation of millions followed by electons?

Well, it would have still happened to us even if the Kerry-aire had gotten in

Chuck

Reply to
Zathras of the Great Machine

I guess the new country will be called Rumfeldistan and he'll rule it from Bushdad.

Reply to
Zathras of the Great Machine

"starlord" wrote in news:LIednUivqb3LLBTcRVn- snipped-for-privacy@inreach.com:

It's a shame you're so blinded by hatred.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I rather have them (Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Ashcroft, et al) 'there' ruling 'them' than 'here' ruling 'us'.

And they can take Kerry and his buddies Schumer and Lautenberg with them.

Bob Kaplow

"starlord" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@inreach.com:

And why in the world would you think that Kerry would have done anything different after 9-11? Kerry voted against removing Saddam from Kuwait after his invasion,even WITH approval and contributions from France and Germany. Kerry likely would have done what Clinton did;fire a few cruise missiles and consider the 'nuisance' dealt with.

It remains to be seen whether Saddam had WMDs.I believe he shipped them to Syria. Besides,most every world leader believed that Iraq had WMDs.

Yes,the minute bush got into office,he started a war.Sorry,but that's not the case.He acted where the last President failed to.(WTC *ONE*,Khobar Towers,USS Cole,coupla US embassy bombings)

And you are mistaken on this.

Here I agree with you.

Although DemocRATs have a bad record of not allowing the other side to say their piece. They celebrated F-911,but tried to censor Stolen Honor,attacked Repub HQ's,slashed Bush supporter's tires,other acts of vandalism. Conservative speakers routinely get shouted down at colleges,and the colleges say and do nothing about it.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

He clearly would NOT have invaded Iraq.

BTW that is a bad thing.

Bush was right. Bush very nearly became a 1 term President over that issue.

A price he was willing to pay. He has balls.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Before you go quite that far, even the UN weapons inspectors agreed unanimously he had a nuke program that the only thing he was lacking was fissionable material.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Not invading Iraq would have been a bad thing?

That notion might have had some merit if it weren't for the fact that we seem to have made such a muck-up of the subsequent occupation that any actual reasons ("threat of WMD", "we're all better off without Saddam", "preventing spread of terrorism", or whatever...) why it was supposedly such a good idea to invade in the first place basically don't _count_ anymore.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Personal opinion. I understand in advance you disagree.

Forcing democracy on a (invasion and first strike minded) dictatorship is a good thing. Sorry.

I guess you have to stop wiping your chin :-)

reasons:

  1. Regime change

  1. UN resolutions

The remainder of excuses were political BS I agree.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yup... that's why W's Dad didn't go for the kill... no exit strategy.

Dad was wise... even though he caught a lot of flack for not going in.

Reply to
Mark

The nation began it's recovery when Clinton left office.

Reply to
Steven P. McNicoll

His parting shot was a severe market crash.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

"starlord" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@inreach.com:

More of that irrational Bush-hate.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Jerry Irvine wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Things were already beginning to fall apart before Bush took office.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Clinton turned the economy around. It was growing when he entered office and slowing when he left.

Reply to
Steven P. McNicoll

Clinton did some sensational things for the market. Welfare to work for one. He did preside over irrational exuberance in the stock markets, which would have been great if his fed appointee didn't intentionally crash it and vaporize some 70% of the nation's accumulated stock wealth in a year or so. I know plenty of retired folks that lost decades of accumulated money from actual, hard, physical labor.

Clinton governed on promises of pension value maintenaince. That was one HUGE promise to break. Unforgiveable.

The good news for Democrats is a whole bunch of folks suddenly became a whole lot more dependent on the government all of a sudden. oops, welfare was inviscerated. darn.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Clinton's only contribution to welfare reform was to finally sign the bill.

Reply to
Steven P. McNicoll

Maybe so, well, he did chat it up too, but he "presided over it".

Reply to
Jerry Irvine