Personal for Vessticles

Hey Vessticles.

I fulfilled my sacred civic duty. I just came back in from dropping my absentee ballot in the mail - don't worry, I checked it carefully to make sure there are no "hanging chads" on the back. Do you think you could guess who I voted for for President?

I'll give you a hint. I just cancelled out your vote before you even cast it. How do you feel now?

-- -- " In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

My home page:

Bill Woodier

Hey Bill, I mailed mine yesterday, guess that means Vess is behind two to one before he even starts, Huh? You don't think he would vote twice do ya?

Rick Clark MFE

Reply to
OXMORON1

FWIW There is a story going the rounds that some 46,000 people are registered to vote in BOTH New York and Florida! Talk about a recipe for fraud!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Yeah but in New York, the Republicans have the dead leaving their graves to go vote for Bush. Its been reported in the papers that *Republican* voter fraud is rampant,,,,

The Old Timer

don't you mean dems that checked the wrong party on their death certificate?

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

You're kidding, right? There *aren't* enough dead New Yorkers to overcome the Democrats' lead in that state. Even if they did want to cheat the Republicans would put their efforts where it might accomplish something...

Al Superczynski

Not kidding. While Bush probably won't carry New York, our State Senate is Republican-dominated and the Assembly is Democrat-dominated. Both parties are trying like crazy to expand their influence. Unfortunately all the power boils down to three people in this state, the governor, Pataki, the leader of the Senate Bruno and the leader of the Assembly, Silver. And these clowns do NOT play together nicely. That's probably why NYS hasn't had a state budget in place on time in over twenty years. We have the highest taxes and the least productivity of any state, and a Welfare burden that is second to none. That's also why my wife and I are actively looking for a homestead elsewhere, maybe Pennsylvania, West Virginia or Maryland. Now all I have to figure is how to pack up all my completed models for moving.

The Old Timer

So they FINALLY picked up on that old thing from the Daley machine (Dem) in Chicago huh? Well, it still leaves them behind, but nice to hear they are trying.

Reply to
SamVanga

Haaaa Maryland is probably even worse...everyone here trys to go to PA or VA.

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

Have you ever experienced election day in Chicago where I grew up?

-- -- " In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

My home page:

Bill Woodier

I'm in Maryland. Trust me! You don't want to come here. I'm looking at getting out now that I'm retired.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

How about a MFE modelers retirement center round the Western Coast of Mexico. Not on Baja, it is too darn expensive. Inland from Puerta V. isn't too bad :-)

Rick Clark St Louis inhales rapidly. They can't even spell styrene in Oklahoma. Kansas and Nebraska are too flat.

Reply to
OXMORON1

The cost of living is really low in N. Little Rock and one of us is already here. ;)

Reply to
Al Superczynski

addendum:

Colorado is out, they already have Vess.

Reply to
OXMORON1

Al intoned:

But you still get ice storms and snow there and my body heating system isn't what it used to be :-) You can't come visit in Mexico? Besides Hot Sauce is good for the diabetic diet, eats up the excess blood sugar like magic elixir.

Rick MFE Also forgot the tornados cross Arkansas from OK and TX :-(

Reply to
OXMORON1

Is Mexico a blue state or a red state? Could someone in CA ask them. ;-)

WmB

WmB

Then you probably wouldn't want to go to Arizona, they have the Hoser. And I'd take Vess any day over that.

No I'm looking for a place with some vertical terrain, no hurricanes, tornadoes (wind, not aircraft) nor forest fires. That's way I'm looking down the Appalachian Mountain chain. Except for North Carolina; a former co-worker just came back from visiting his sister there. While he was there, he got a citation for "public consumption of alcohol" (he was drinking a beer in the front yard while changing the oil in his car.) I guess they have some totally insane blue laws there.

The Old Timer

WVA when I finally leave.

Reply to
Ron

Wimp. We've had a grand total of two ice storms in the 18 1/2 years I've lived here, and both of them were in the same winter. And I think I've had to shovel my driveway once.

Nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. If I were looking to stretch my retirement check I'd probably consider the Philippines first.... ;)

Hot sauce gives me the runs, and burns on the way out. Ouch! :(

Reply to
Al Superczynski

And it's only the Republicans that are trying to cheat, right?

Reply to
Al Superczynski