Personal for Vessticles

We've already got too many people in California, but if you can convince some of them to leave you'd be welcome to take their place. But you might want to wait until after the election, when we decide whether we're going to change the law and let several thousand felons out of prison.

Reply to
Joe Jefferson

Right now, yes because the Democrats already have ~their~ system in place!

Check out the antics going on in the State House sometime and see who the felons are. We have a Republican counsel for the assembly who moonlights as a lobbyist, a couple of staffers from both sides of the aisle up on rape charges and about one hundred professional historians, all re-writing the past fifteen years and telling everybody how it just isn't ~their~ fault...... Oh and the local District Attorney for Albany who has been looking into alligations of racketeering by some of these bastards was informed by his party (Democrat) that he will not be endorsed for re-election.

They all make me sick.

The Old Timer

Al commented on my cure for high blood sugar levels:

with:

There you go, giving Hozer ideas!

Rick

Reply to
OXMORON1

Hmmm. How about the Nevada or California foothills?

Higher prices in California and we do have forest fires, but if you are in the foothills outside the forests but near it shouldn't be a problem. Nevada encourages newcomers and the suberbs of Reno are really nice.

Reno also has an IPMS chapter and the Reno Air Races every September. We could come and stay with you during the races. :-)

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Oooooh! Hold him down and pour it down his throat chanting "Chug, chug, chug, chug......". :-)

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Damn...... :(

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Hey! I thought you were my friend. :(

Reply to
Al Superczynski

The Democrats have their system for cheating in place and aren't

*using* it? Such amazing self-restraint....

Seems to me both sides *are* 'cheating' after all.

Vote for a third party candidate or write someone in. Or sit on your hands on election day. There are lots of choices.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I freely admit to voting for Pogo once.

Reply to
Ron

I never said that; the Democrats aren't trying because they have theri system in place and it works.

Agreed on that

My vote is too important to me to waste by voting for someone that no chance of winning, or by not voting at all. But I do not intend on voting for ~any~ incumbant if he doesn't live up to my specifications. This includes (at the State level) policial hacks that promise to hold down spending and still raise taxes and their own salaries.

The Old Timer

Hey Vessticles. Here's a little something from the most recent Federalist Patriot that a friend e-mailed to me regarding the good Senator's military records. Chew on this a bit while you're waiting for election day to roll around.

For his part, Kerry claims he received an "Honorable Discharge" and that all his records have been released and are posted on his website, Kerry-04.com -- uh, make that JohnKerry.com. But Kerry has refused to say when he received an Honorable Discharge. Indeed, some of his military records are posted on his site -- but not all of them. Here, an experienced eye can read enough into what has been released by Kerry to develop a good profile of what hasn't been released.

It is our considered opinion, therefore, that John Kerry was separated from the military under a less than honorable discharge -- most likely a Dishonorable Discharge.

Among Kerry's released records is a 1977 cover letter from Jimmy Carter's Navy Secretary, W. Graham Claytor. What is revealing about this document is that it notes Kerry's original discharge was subject to review by a "board of officers"

-- yet no such review should be necessary for an Honorable Discharge.

The review was conducted in accordance with "Title 10, U.S. Code Section 1162 and 1163," which pertains to grounds for involuntary separation from military service.

As many Vietnam veterans who served their nation with dignity and honor will recall, Jimmy Carter's first official act as president was the signing of Executive Order 4483 --less than an hour after his inauguration on 21 January

1977. EO 4483 provided general amnesty for draft evaders, war protesters and other offenders of that era. Its corresponding, and equally dubious, DoD directive took effect in March of 1977, expanding that amnesty to include separation from military service by other than honorable discharges. The DoD specified an appeal procedure whereby discharges could be reviewed on an individual basis to determine whether the status of a particular discharge could be revised.

Having lost his first bid for Congress, Kerry no doubt decided that his political future would be brighter as a war hero rather than a war protestor. While there are several categories of discharges beneath honorable, including general, medical, bad conduct and other than honorable, it is very likely that Kerry's discharge was dishonorable.

Supporting this assertion is the fact that Kerry had all his medals mysteriously reinstated in 1985. He claims that he lost his medal certificates (perhaps these are what he famously threw over that Capitol fence in protest), but when a military officer is subject to a Dishonorable Discharge, in addition to the loss of pay benefits and allowances, all medals and honors are revoked. In any case, it would be a cinch for John Kerry to refute our claim by simply signing that Standard Form 180. But he won't.

-- -- " In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

My home page:

Bill Woodier

With the Honorable discharge goes a certificate to that. Why if he received one does he not post it on his site? Mine hangs on the wall in my den. Proud of it. Another writer stated that the republicans in Ny are regestiring the dead. Have proof of that do you? Please post it here. This post started out as a slam to ole vesty. That petered out pretty quick though. I guess like the trolls of old, vesty too will fade in to the fog. Anyone know (or care) what ever happened to the merryman?

Reply to
ARMDCAV

ARMDCAV asked:

Thought I saw him here or someplace like it last week??

Rick MFE Absentee Ballot signed, notarized and mailed

Reply to
OXMORON1

I saw a post from him last week and, admittedly, was a bit surprised to see it. It was not caustic, sarcastic, rude or argumentative. I don't even remember the subject now but it was just a regular old post.