Senator Enzi has new legislation

Having eaten Buffalo meat, I wonder why anybody would voluntarily eat it, it is very tough and not tender in the least. Even buffalo burgers are like hockey pucks.

Dave

Reply to
Scottishmoney

You haven't had it done "right."

Buffalo prime rib is M-M Good.

BLReed, now awaiting service from Campbell's

Reply to
Byron L. Reed

ummmmmm, hockey pucks. allllllllth, alllllllllllth, drool.

Reply to
default

We have (had?) a sleazy joint near where I work that catered to an oil-field-worker crowd and they served "buffalo-burgers" from the herd that roams Catalina Island. I found them icky.

-Fred Shecter

Fred Shecter

Sen. Enzi sponsored legislation (that is sitting semi-dead at the moment) intended to add relief for a broad range of rocket enthusiasts (Amateur, and High Power mostly, but a bit for the Model Rocket folks as well). The other Senators from NY/NJ went on the war-path over it. Lots of fear-mongering.

Coins and Rockets are both on Sen. Enzi's list of things to try to help.

-Fred Shecter

Fred Shecter

"Scottishmoney" asked in wonder:

Sounds like you haven't yet been to the right watering hole, friend. There's a place near here that serves buffalo burgers, and they are excellent! In fact, each time that we go there to scarf up on one of them, it becomes one of those "stay hunkered down over your plate, non-conversational" type experiences! :)

Larry 'a buffalo is a wonderful thing to taste'

Reply to
Larry Louks

IMHP nothing excells in flavor like Elk!

Sanford

Reply to
Sanford

Elk is an acquired taste even in the best of situations: "I shot it and have to enjoy it considering the money I paid for it.

Buffalo, OTOH, is enjoyable to any beef eater without adaption.

BLReed

To email me click here:

collector coins and supplies at fair prices:
things:
bust coins:

Byron L. Reed

I really used to enjoy Moose, but then they closed the lodge.

-Scot "Donner" Kamins

Reply to
Scot Kamins

I lived in Alaska a few years in the 1960's and had my fill of moose, caribou, etc. Seems like everyone bagged these monsters and always had tons of meat left over to give away. It took a savvy local cook to prepare it so us "Chechakos" would find it tasty. While I was in the Army there, the YMCA put on an annual Big Game Dinner for military families. We got to sample some Alaskan rarities like whale, seal, grizzly, Dall sheep, etc. My wife still remembers a little goodie I handed her to try, a canape-type thing on a cracker. She said it didn't taste too bad, but nearly gagged when I showed her the label on the table-- moose nose jelly. After all that, I still prefer bratwurst.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Remick

I suppose they could put a prairie dog on the nickel.

Reply to
Alan Jones

kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.TRABoD (Bob Kaplow) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@eisner.encompasserve.org:

mission

A bird on both sides(buzzard on the obverse)

Reply to
joecoin

"Randy" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

nickel

Yeah, but I bet you've got a fire pit in your living room,

Reply to
joecoin

Scot Kamins wrote in news:kamins- snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

I like beaver the most.

Reply to
joecoin

Not at all. Just had some a week or two ago. IIRC it's lower in fat than beef for those of us who have to worry about such things (me).

Bob Kaplow

Yep. It's where we cook buffalo wings. ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

There's a small herd of them about 25 miles from me. Come and get them!

Reply to
Christopher Deem

There's a herd of them where I launched some rockets less than 2 weeks ago...

Bob Kaplow