Senator Lautenberg's press release

Scott Schuckert wrote in news:300720030646549460% snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net:

I'm gonna laugh when the FBI tries a "sneak and peek" search of my abode!!

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Aloha, I have already written to Senator (lame brain) Lautenberg. There is a link to his website at one of the articles that was posted. You can email him from his website. If people here think he is in the wrong, they need to tell him he is wrong. It does no good to talk amongst ourselves. TELL THE IDIOT HE IS WRONG.

Take Care, Larry

Reply to
AkaZilla

differerences between hobby rocketry APCP and Space

Composition, particle size,etc? SO that these PINHEADS can't

The major differences are SIZE, chamber pressure, delivered ISP, propellant mass fraction, and quality control. All in the Shuttles favor.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

so what you are saying is they are nothing alike except in name only.

I mean jet fuel is gasoline is it not ? its nothing like gasoline but it comes from the same stuff and the same process.

they are related. not the same.

differerences between hobby rocketry APCP and Space

Composition, particle size,etc? SO that these PINHEADS can't

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

"Chris Taylor Jr" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@newshost01.voicenet.com:

No, they are both APCP (i.e., AP in an organic binder) but the shuttle variant uses a different binder and contains other additives that make it more energetic.

Well, it's a hydrocarbon, but it's more like kerosene than gasoline. Kerosene has a higher molecular weight than gasoline.

More than related. But not the same.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

Jet-A is kerosene and is typically used by commercial airlines. It is said, although I have never witnessed the demonstration, that one can put out a lit match in a bucket of the stuff. (I suspect that it will depend on the temperature of the fuel and how the volatiles are contained above the bucket.) JP4 is more like gasoline and is typically used in military aircraft or in commercial aircraft if Jet-A is not available.

IIRC TWA800 supposedly had 50 gallons of JP4 in the center wing tank...

Reply to
Mike

Reply to
Alex Mericas

You mean my cigarette igniter will not work as well as a copperhead? :-)

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Why did they stop reading after 6.11 & 6.13 ? they should flip to the page that tell you how to make you own Napalm & C4 .

JD

> k%20Powder.pdf

perchlorate

Reply to
JDcluster

Good Point! I think we should send both of them 10 copies of the report. How did the NH Senator respond to this bill any how ?

JD

perchlorate

Reply to
JDcluster

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (AkaZilla) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m14.aol.com:

If you aren't one of his constituents,then he does not care what you think. (even if you were,he probably doesn't,if it conflicts with his beliefs)

Reply to
Jim Yanik

You got that right. Amazing when add up the first three it equals one thing; greed.

Well that and the number 6 :)

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
ogie oglethorp

Shuttle uses PBAN, rather than HTPB, for handling and rheology reasons. PBAN cures at elevated temperatures only, and when you're pouring those massive SRB segments, you don't want it to start curing on you halfway through the pour! (I've heard it said that they routinely start a pour on a Friday afternoon, and finish up on Monday morning).

The SRB propellant contains more aluminum than typical HPR mixtures, and only about 67% AP. Most of that AP I assume would be fairly chunky, given the large size of these things.

APCP is APCP. Trying to say that SRB propellant is entirely different than HPR APCP is like saying that a Betty Crocker chocolate cake mix is fundamentally different than a Sarah Lee, or some generic knock-off.

Reply to
Marcus Leech

do they use the same aluminum particle size? shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Yep. HPR guys often use surplus chemicals FROM the shuttle program. Especially errortech.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Maybe someone should point out to Schumer/Lautenberg that it is used because it is so *safe* to use and handle that they trust it with manned missions?

But we have to remember...it's not really the propellant, it's the rockets that they are after.

Reply to
Anonymous

The SRB's and most military APCP have a more optimal packing ratio mix of oxidizer partical sizes, including much smaller AP than used in HPR mixtures. This gives it a higher efficiency but is more dangerous to handle until it is 'wetted out'. It also contains a ferrocene compound to enhance the burnrate, but very few HPR formulations bother with this expensive additive. The other additives in many military APCP are downright close to a double-base mixture, which nobody could get a reasonable shipping classification for.

Ummmmm, chocolate motors.... how about burning compressed cocoa grains in a hybrid? Soon we'll need a LEUP to buy twinkies.

-John

Reply to
John DeMar