The Rocketry Forum 2.0 (Different Ownership)

Hello, I welcome any who are interested in a web based forum to look at TRF 2.0 It is NOT moderated in the same way as the original TRF. You can
visit the site at:
Introduction: http://www.therocketryforum.com Jump right to the forums: http://www.therocketryforum.com/forums
If you've been frustrated or upset by what you've seen, or may have encountered with regards to moderation on the old TRF then the new site might be for you. DanC TRF 2.0 Admin
Add pictures here
โœ–
snipped-for-privacy@domain.invalid wrote:

So how is it any different from rmr?

Using virtually the same name as TRF is pretty sleazy. It's not that hard to come up with an original name.

Add pictures here
โœ–
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

The Rocketry Astrodome???
David Erbas-White
Add pictures here
โœ–
David Erbas-White wrote:

I hate ruining an attempt at humor. That was supposed to be "Superdome"...
David Erbas-White
Add pictures here
โœ–
David Erbas-White wrote:

Then why not delete it and try again?
Chuck
Add pictures here
โœ–
A lot of people don't know how to access a newsgroup. That's why web forums are pretty popular. As far as the name goes, I went over a list I came up with and almost all were registered,, the rest were prone to typing errors and oddly enough therocketryforum.com wasn't registered. So I thought great! I'll just use that and call it 2.0
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Add pictures here
โœ–
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Yeah, my father did that to me and it's nothing but headaches. His mail comes here and viseversa, what's wrong with that guy? ;-)
Chuck Jr.
Add pictures here
โœ–

Tell that to the guy over here who came up with a company called Tripoli UK Rocketry Ltd, a rocket group called OKRA (i guess to confuse people with UKRA) and a launch event called HIRW (at a similar time to the very popular IRW event)
--
Damian Burrin
UKRA 1159 Level 2 RSO

Add pictures here
โœ–

Got a spare transmorgafier on you?
Randy www.vernarockets.com
Add pictures here
โœ–

Different name.
To a degree.
Different mission.
To a degree.
Since people have to SEEK OUT the "new" site, it will be interesting indeed a year from now which one prevails in the court of public opinion.
Maybe they can weed out and shed light on geniuses like this:
"Pat's own mixtures.. a P motor is going to take a little time to get up even with Thermite." -David Wilkins (ROL chat) at 7:12 PM EST
Or not!
http://www.v-serv.com/usr/motors/images/Q-starDF.gif
Oh, wait. That was a Q :)
Tech post Jerry
http://www.THErocketryforum.com
โœ–

What's tech about that? You can hardly read it and it has no supporting documentation of specifics.
Please provide supporting documentation.
Add pictures here
โœ–

Rise time 0.20 sec.
How long did the "P" take to "light" on the P with airstart project?
Please provide supporting documentation.
โœ–
Jerry Irvine wrote:

What kind of igniter was used?
Add pictures here
โœ–

A single, lightly dipped ematch.
โœ–
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Interesting. What is it that makes the motor light and come up to pressure so quickly?

Add pictures here
โœ–
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

The graph jerry has does not show igniter ignition, if You look closely, You will see that the graph starts out with the thrust at 1000. So, what You are seeing is rise time from a 1000 to just under 4000 in what looks to Me to be about 0.25 seconds, not 0.20.
Add pictures here
โœ–
User base is growing and the site's getting a lot of traffic(and hammered by a few discontents from that other site) so hopefully the word is getting out. The link again is: http://www.therocketryforum.com <http://www.therocketryforum.com/
Yes I'm tooting my own horn, but I think it's for a good cause! Cheers, DanC PS I don't make money off of this, it's just for fun guys. It's like a pet fish, it'll either sink or swim.
Add pictures here
โœ–

It probably has a better chance than a pet fish based on comments and participation on the FIRST PUBLIC DAY.
Jerry
โœ–
I and Phillip of TRF have had a cold yet warm and fuzzy(sarcasm) email com which hopefully resolves the issue. The site name and logo are different now. I decided that for one, people would confuse the two, and second, I don't need the grief even though he had absolutely no case because they don't own a trademark for TRF neither do they generate revenue from it. If they started running ads which they could easily have done then he might have had a claim and second if they are really that rabid they could register TRF as a trademark for a chunk of change which one of them just might try.
Hopefully the brief war will end, children will sing again, birds will fly and bunnies will hop. DanC www.therocketryforum.com
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Add pictures here
โœ–