Video Conversion

Hi, Ok, I finally got a chance to fly my Estes Oracle today and it actually worked. So now I've got this 71,785 KB avi file, which is
obviously way too big to put up on a website. I think I have to convert the file to something else to get it down to a manageable size, but I don't know what type of file to convert it to - or what program (hopefully free) to use to do this.
HELP!
Jim
Use Windows Movie Maker 2.1, available for Windows XP, it's free from Microsoft and comes pre-installed on newer XP systems. If you need to D/L it, you can get it at:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/moviemaker2.mspx
On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 19:19:29 -0400, "Vince"

Turns out I already had that, it was just kind of buried. It's getting late here, I'll see what I can do with it tomorrow. If I do manage to get it up onto the binaries site, don't get your hopes up. The wind today was fairly bad and the rocket was spinning quite a bit on it's way back down.
Thanks for your help!
Jim
p.s. when you're done, please post a copy to the "alt.binaries.models.rockets" group!
Hi again,
On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 19:21:08 -0400, "Vince"
I'm much more familiar with designing web pages then working with binaries, so how about this:
http://www.midlandfm.org/blastoff/launchinfo.htm
The video clip is at the bottom of that page. I probably cut it down more then I needed to, but many in our church don't have broadband.
Jim

Way cool! Looks like you need a longer delay, to catch the horizon as the rocket arcs over at apogee.
I think the compression is just fine, as is. You won't get too much of an improvement by increasing the file size a whole lot, given that it's only about 15 fps, and lo-res to boot.
Good work and keep 'em coming!
Hi Again,
On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 19:40:13 -0400, "Vince"

Thank you - and thanks for the advice.
Jim
Hi,
On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 19:40:13 -0400, "Vince"

Thank you, and thank you for the advice.
Jim