where will it end? intelligent mail.....

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Have you read the last two books by Dale Brown? Several of the lead people have chips implanted that not only allow identification, but also earth wide communication and GPS locating and status of health.

Really scary as this is really close to being perfected and used by the military and government.

Karl Perry QUARK, Cincinnati, OH

Reply to
KG8GC

Who was under the false impression this was sarcasm?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Mean time facial recognition is everywhere.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Jerry Irvine wrote in news:01rocket- snipped-for-privacy@news.verizon.net:

Jerry, we have to stop agreeing in public... What will people think?

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

No need to add ID features, you were born with plenty of them and most folks use enough others as a mater of convenience. A combination of fingerprint, retinal scan, facial recognition, and limited DNA profile would be hard to spoof and is becoming practical. This combined with the tracking information provided by debit/credit cards, toll keys, and cell phones would be able to keep fairly good tabs on all but the most careful.

Reply to
Eric Pederson

Maybe we should start talking about G Harry too?!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Just last night Discovery Channel, or History, had a Terrorist Technologies on Modern Marvels. They showed a system tracking people through a parking lot. The other one weighted cars as they came in, it identified the car to make sure the weight was as expected, and identified the driver is who it was supposed to be. Hopefully yours doesn't break down and you have to take the other car to work. One system was monitoring people in hallways to make sure no one unauthorized was in the hall. They showed it comparing {the CEOs} face to faces in the database. It would be the first thought to stick these at airports to check for wanted persons. Then you could have them in known areas to randomly check people as they walked down the street. My thought was instead of red light running camera systems you stick in this face system and match the face to the driver's license. Enough cameras in the right places and pretty soon we'll be able to pull cars over because the system didn't recognize your face.

Not that any of that is useful when building, launching, or recovering model rockets.

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

I'm not sure who said it but one of my favorite quotes is:

"The most uncommon item in government is common sense"

Ken Holloway

Reply to
Ken Holloway

their responce.

why are you a terrorist ?

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr

According to a conference I recently attended, "retina scan" is bogus. They look at the IRIS (the colored front part) not the retina (the back part of thje eye that actually forms the image).

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Actually, there are two different technologies, and both are currently in use. There are security applications that use IR off of the retina, and others that scan the patterns of the iris.

See

and also look at "Iris Scan" on the menu on the left. There are several other biometrics ID technologies referenced and defined on this page.

Reply to
Anonymous