1/24 scale hippies? anyone

I'm building a Revell/Monogram VW Vanagon camper and would like to build a campsite diorama. I'd like to find some "campers", maybe sitting in lawnchairs or something like that. Any suggestions where to find suitable figures?

Reply to
hypnotoad

what scale is barbie stuff? we made punk barbies for a barbie street trash diorama. and a barbie hooker.

Too big. I'm doing something similar. Look for Jimmy Flintstone/Dr. Flintbone figures. They're pretty good, and you should be able to fins something that you can use. Barbie hooker????

The Old Timer

Jimmy Flintstone had some, don't know if they are still available.

also the Garbage Truck kit by monogram has a Girl with a tamborine, and some guitar players,

all of these mentioned figures are 1/24th scale, but there is some out there by Wiking, I think thats the company, look at some G scale or Large Scale train places

Reply to
George

The Garbage Truck figures look seriously undersized to me, perhaps 1/32.

Hobby Online

carries a lot of the Jimmy Flintstone stuff. I've done some business with them and have no complaints.

Steve H

George wrote:

Reply to
snh9728

I don't suppose there are pictures of this diorama available somewhere?

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel

the owners have pics, i don't know if they want them in the public domain.

No more filling and sanding than would be required on ANY Tamiya figures. Just add some artistic usage of epoxy putty, and this is the perfect solution. If only there was a good line of extensive aftermarket

1/24th scale heads out there. (MIKE GOOD-----HELP!!!...lol)
Reply to
Greg Heilers

well yeah but what are hippies but spoiled rich kids, aka "trustafarians"?

and of course some work will need to be done. its modeling!

:-)

Reply to
jah bill

^^^^ am i reading too much into this from my earlier years?

one love jah bill big giant head HIM slot racing team

Reply to
jah bill

"jah bill" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@enews2.newsguy.com...

Some work?!! One of them is even a spitting image of Bill Gates in shorts with an overconfident facial expression. Only a *master* modeller will be able to turn him into a hippie!

Reply to
Bassie Adriaensen

Does he have glasses? Paint them as shades!

Use that epoxy putty to put a "fro" on his head. Add a goatee, and sideburns. Use the same putty to turn that shirt and shorts into a robe of some sort.

Easy to do instant hippy!!

:o)

Reply to
Greg Heilers

I'm sure Mattel would be thrilled. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

that's our feeling. my friend wouldn't even do barbie xmas in hell xmas cards.

actually mr gates was one of the proto-techno hippies. ever see that photo of the startup microsoft?

Reply to
jah bill

"trustafarians"?

Oh my! you *are* a master modeller!

Reply to
Bassie Adriaensen

"jah bill" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@enews4.newsguy.com...

No not that I remember. But I will look out for it. Proto-techno hippie, hmm..thanks.

Reply to
Bassie Adriaensen