1/48th F-86F-30 Sabre: which one ?

Academy or Hasegawa ? Pros, cons ? Thanks for the feedback.

Reply to
[SM04]Serge D. Grun

Both are good kits. The only problem with the Academy kit is if you decide to close the gun bay panels. Not an exact fit. On the Hasegawa kit, the gun panels are molded closed.

If you are planning on doing a Sabre in a diorama, then the Academy kit might be the one to go with, because of the option to expose the gun bays and the separate engine that comes with the kit.

Jeff The eagle has landed

Reply to
MAYSUN5961

I agree, Jeff. And further regarding the gun bays in the Academy kit, if you are planning on adding an aftermarket cockpit - like the very nice Jaguar - the bays have to come out anyway to make room for it.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Carroll

Thanks for the feedback.

I was planning to go for the Aires cockpit and Legend gun bays. Du you mean that there's no room for both an aftermarket cockpit and a gun bay ?

Reply to
[SM04]Serge D. Grun

Dunno about that combo, Serge. But the Jaguar cockpit wouldn't fit into the Academy kit for me until the molded-in gun bays were ground out.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Carroll