1/72 Harrier GR 3 kits nose Q

I've got some USMC AV-8A paint schemes I'm thinking of (none made it to SEA, tho, did they?) & it looks like the only early Harrier kits out there now are the GR 3s with the long nose cone. Can anyone tell me if any of the various long nosed 3s come with the original short nose cone as well? Thanks.

Reply to
frank

I believe Hasegawa had/has a GR.1/AV8A.Eastern Express also has one available,from the old Frog kit IIRC,but it's very crude.

Reply to
eyeball

Both Hasegawa and AMT/ESCI/ERTL had the early bird. My personal preference is for the AMT/ESCI/ERTL kit as I found the fit and the amount of flash on the Hase kit to be FAR in excess of it's purchase price.

Maybe someone can remind me, didn't Airfix come out with an AV-8A/GR.1 kit? I know that they did the P.1127/ Kestral...

Hope this helps!

-andy

Reply to
Drew Hill

AFAIK the Frog kit was a reboxing of Hasegawa's.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Yes, but it wasn't especially good.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

No one's mentioned the Matchbox kit so far. I never got mine built but it looked pretty good and no flash to be seen.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

I guess all of these answers mean that none of the long nosed kits have the original short nose included.

Reply to
frank

Yes, I think you have it right. That doesn't mean you can't reproduce one on your own.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller