aftermarket engine plumbing source

I am looking for a source for engine wiring / plumbing for larger scales 1/6 or 1/8. I know I had one bookmarked a while back but I can't seem to find it. Any help would be appreciated...

Reply to
Count DeMoney

These might help:

Also many detailing items (like wire and hoses) for smaller scale kits can be used for detailing larger scale models.

And of course, many Hardware or Elecric Supply houses sell items (like various gauge insulated wires) which can also be used for detailing.

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

Also check out Michael's craft stores. They have many fancy wires (brass, gold, silver and colors that look like anodize) and stuff. They have particularly nice stuff for the smaller scales. They have a silvered elastic thread that makes nice aeroequip style hose.

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

Thanks for the tips.....I will go out a look around this weekend at Michaels, etc.

I just finished the Revell 1/6 Plymouth Hemi Drag Engine. It finished out very nice execpt for the cheesy ignition (spark plug) wiring. It really looks "toy like" on an otherwise great looking model. Now I am trying to figure out a way to scratch together a nice looking wiring harness (:>

Reply to
Count DeMoney

Don't throw away those old keyboards until you steal the wiring out of the cable-you'll end up with about a dozen pieces of wire with funky coloured vinyl insulation that would make good wiring in larger scale cars.

Hope this helps, Tom

Reply to
Tom Gourlie