aftermarket for 1/350 R-G SMS Dresden?

Finally scored the kit. I'd appreciate comments on source and usefulness of any aftermarket. The kit looks nice enough, so I wouldn't mind an OOB build when/if I get to it, but it's be nice to consider options.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

The Gold Medal Models PE set is excellent if its still available. One area that, IMHO, is deficient in both the kit and the PE is the gunshields which are moulded solid and should be open. Brass replacements would be nice but I used home made vac formings and they look just fine. Thin rod and stretched sprue was used to build replacement, pedestal mounted, guns. The PE set covers just about everything else. Railngs, ratlines, mast crosstrees and parts to improve the ships boats are all present. When I bought mine it cost more than the kit but it was worth every penny.

Reply to
Les Pickstock

Thanks. I'll check around for it.

Mark Schynert