airfix belevedere

a bud sent me one. any cool paint schemes, caveats, must haves? it will be my first completed rotary winger. the camo scheme on the back of the box looks cool, but any unusuals would be fun. is it a rare kit? a ma. discount place has them for $1.99.

Haven't seen one of those in years. If you can get hold of another one, a display showing the tactical and non-tactical colour schemes would look really good. The non-tactical scheme was light aircraft grey (or maybe natural metal) with a white fuselage top and a blue cheat-line. Be aware that there were variations during the production run. Some aircraft had vertical fins at the tips of the tailplane.

Enzo Matrix

i'm trying to get a couple of more andthat's a great idea. thanks.

I think it's a reproduction of a pre-production airframe. Somewhere in my files there's a magazine with a conversion article which produces a service machine. I'll try looking for it tonight.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

This rings a bell. Wasn't it the Bristol 192?

Regards

Pat Macguire

Reply to
P & H Macguire

I beleive that stored away somewhere I have this kit and a convertion set for it byt "Maintrack" I think, vack form canopy which is not very crisp being part of it if I remember corectly, I will dig it out and and let you know.

Alastair Macfarlane

Reply to
Gondor

I once went out with a chick who had 2 large bristols!

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

Yes, and that's partly why I briefly had trouble finding the article. I kept looking under 'B'. The article's title is "Westland Belvedere". It's in SAM, Vol.5, No.1, Oct. 1982 and is 7 pages long including drawings.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Anything less wouldn't have looked balanced. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller