Airfix Falklands War Collecton

Airfix has announced a few kits to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the Falklands War.

The 1/24 Sea Harrier and Vulcan are thers. The big 1/72 set includes: an A-4, Pucara, Mirage, Super Etendard, Sea Harrier and Harrier. Sources are pretty obvious for all but the A-4 and Pucara.

Please, not the Airfix A-4 from the War of 1812!!! MPC/Special Hobby Pucara?

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

I'm still struggling with the concept of a 1/24 Vulcan! ;-)

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

You know, if they made one of those giant Rodan's of a bomber in that scale, I'd love to hang it from the ceiling. First time I ever saw a Vulcan was in the James Bond movie "Thunderball" as a kid, and right at the moment I realized "That is one of the coolest fukin' planes you ever laid eyes on". One of the biggest mistakes I ever made in my model building history wasn't getting a 1/72 scale Victor and Vulcan, and having the Victor refueling the Vulcan as they soared over my computer console, suspended by threads from the ceiling. I had the Lindberg models of both of them as a kid, and fell in love with both. Those two bombers looked so slick... the Victor had a fuselage design that looked like it came straight out of a Flash Gorden comic strip; the Vulcan looked it was something prehistoric...like a gigantic bat ready to descend on its prey. :-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

DOH!

It's 1/72, of course. As are the 2,000 kits in my garage and the

14,000+ kits that I havn't obtained yet (along with the house next door, which I'll have to buy just to hold kts and library).

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

The Pucara is the Special Hobby kit. I don't know about the A-4...

The Vulcan flew again last week! Woo hoo!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hughes