Airfix Lynx

Having trouble finding ref for RN versions, latter pref

noticed a couple of faults while adding tons of filler, bottom of nose doesnt seem to curve up correct and intakes eem wrong, i have a SAM mag with many drawings and text which seems to show a mesh grill which the kit doesnt have.

I couple of nose items got eaten by the black hole floor so had to do a normal nose rather than a cool wart looking nosed version and spent maybe 2 months on and off filling. I had wanted to do a Brazillian version but never mind.

I picked up the Mbox kit not long ago for the first time, vary basic like i remember them being as a kit, but looks ok.

Anyone built this kit? i have found a great interior pic of the BZ version, which i would guess maybe the console is quite close to our modern version, way more better than the kits console, cant find images of the sets etc tho.

Checked out ARCs walkaround.

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

Unless it was changed, the Matchbox Lynx was the prototype with three windows in the sliding side doors. It went together really well for me many years ago.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Yes noticed that, a lot less fidly bits to add which was usually the case with them

Reply to
Julian Hales

BTW whatst he Fujimi kits like? seen a pic of a box with what looks like TOW army version

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

revell reissued the matchbox lynx and have changed the triple door window to the correct single window Ken ps markings for german and dutch navy

Reply to
allenx3

Are you sure the Revell Lynx is a modified Matchbox and not an entirely new kit?

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Hilleroe Petersen

I've had this kit, and it is indeed a revamped Matchbox mold.

HTH,

Andre

Reply to
Andre van der Hoek