alt.models.scale newsgroups

I just did a refresh on the newsgroups available on my newsfeed and a new group alt.models.scale showed up along with a bunch of subgroups.

Almost no activity. Why did they bother to create redundant groups?

Reply to
Capn Queeg

Chris

Red Dwarf fan? I wish they hadn't farted around so long to get the Dvds out. Still I'm glad to have them.

Curtis

Reply to
IPMS 40355

Capn Queeg wrote: : : Almost no activity. Why did they bother to create redundant groups? : alt.models.scale came first. Once it had reached a critical mass, we (the community at large) were able to apply for a group in the rec. hierarchy. Alts are selectively carried, the non-alts are generally carried completelty.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden