Ames AD-1 Question

I'm nearing completion on the Muroc Models/Eagle's Talon 1/72 resin kit and I have a question.

The rudder is split with a prominent control housing at the base on the right side. On the left side of the bird at the Hiller useu is a small blocking plate which would prevent the lower half from swinging to the left.

Is this just an addition that keeps the rudder fro flopping around in the museum, or is it a design feature?

I still have a couple of dozen color photos of the aircraft as she now is at Hiller. Free for the postage.

TIA

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72