Anyone done business with luckymodel.com? - payment requirements/fees

pretty sure I bought something from them awhile back, but am turned off a bit by the payment requirements.

4% paypal surcharge Verified Visa ?? going thru some Shanghai bank and re-entering credit card numbers ??

wanted several Master Box 1/35 figures as they are almost half the price of Greatmodels price.

They do have lots of figures that other sites do not have, which makes it difficult to decide what to do.

How do you feel about these payment procedures? This verified thing bugs me.

thx - Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

Musicman59 wrote in news:0b0b9f7a-a152-45d5-85f0- snipped-for-privacy@y27g2000prb.googlegroups.com:

I?m lazy. All I want to do is click checkout, click the Paypal box, click continue, enter my password and then confirm.

The surcharge is what they have to pay Paypal, but most sellers eat it and build it into the price, so maybe they are being more upfront.

Having to enter credit card numbers after that, not even a little bit. I would do without or ask someone like Sprue Bros if they can get the kits.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Gray Ghost wrote: : Musicman59 wrote in news:0b0b9f7a-a152-45d5-85f0- : :> 4% paypal surcharge :> Verified Visa ?? going thru some Shanghai bank and re-entering credit :> card numbers ?? : : The surcharge is what they have to pay Paypal, but most sellers eat it and : build it into the price, so maybe they are being more upfront. : The PayPal charge is much more reasonable than any credit card company that I have dealt with recently, when it comes to foreign exchange fees, generally about US $30.00.

I find that PayPal is generally reasonable about foreign currency conversion rates as well, while your credit card company is a lot more likely to choose the absolute worst exchange rate the currency traded at in the last week, rather than the closing rate.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

Hi.

I thought it was a PITA, but ordered anyway and got good service, took a little while (I selected the cheapest shipping) and in the end am happy. I will order from them again as they supposedly can get the Afterburner Mitsubishi F -2A decals I need,

So yes I'm a satisfied customer.

Reply to
AM