Atlas II scale drawings

I saw an ad recently for an already built (and expensive) model of the Atlas II. I'd like to scratch a model of this vehicle. Are there ANY sources of scale drawings for this vehicle?

Lockheed Martin is the place where GD Convair ended up, right? Maybe I should try them.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Have you tried the various sites that deal with rocket card modeling? There are some great looking and "free" downloads to be had. Right now, I have a 1/96 model of the Juno 2 that I've printed out and will hopefully be starting shortly.

Reply to
Prof. Plastic

This may be a reply that falls under the "Duh!" category... but I have never seen it mentioned in *this* group. One of the "bibles" of model rocketeers is Peter Alway's "Rockets of the World". Though not overly filled with fine details, it has a *lot* of good scale information, and good simple scale drawings; for a *lot* of rockets.

"Google" should help with finding a copy.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

That will be my last resort. I don't know what the designer of the paper kit used for references. It is very hard to convert photos to accurately dimensioned scale drawings.

I guess I am spoiled by building model airplanes and model ships, 'cause there are so many sources available for good scale drawings. There are even a few for model race cars, which is another genre I build.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Thanks. I'll either Google it or try some of the online book stores I deal with. I have not built space or launch vehicles since the sixties, so am completely unaware of what resources are available, but figured asking this group would get me updated.

Reply to
Don Stauffer