Atlas II scale drawings

I saw an ad recently for an already built (and expensive) model of the Atlas II. I'd like to scratch a model of this vehicle. Are there ANY
sources of scale drawings for this vehicle?
Lockheed Martin is the place where GD Convair ended up, right? Maybe I should try them.
On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 08:53:59 -0500, Don Stauffer

Have you tried the various sites that deal with rocket card modeling? There are some great looking and "free" downloads to be had. Right now, I have a 1/96 model of the Juno 2 that I've printed out and will hopefully be starting shortly.
Prof. Plastic@build models.com wrote:

That will be my last resort. I don't know what the designer of the paper kit used for references. It is very hard to convert photos to accurately dimensioned scale drawings.
I guess I am spoiled by building model airplanes and model ships, 'cause there are so many sources available for good scale drawings. There are even a few for model race cars, which is another genre I build.
Don Stauffer wrote:

This may be a reply that falls under the "Duh!" category... but I have never seen it mentioned in *this* group. One of the "bibles" of model rocketeers is Peter Alway's "Rockets of the World". Though not overly filled with fine details, it has a *lot* of good scale information, and good simple scale drawings; for a *lot* of rockets.
"Google" should help with finding a copy.
--

Greg Heilers
Registered Linux User #328317 - SlackWare 10.1 (2.6.10)
Greg Heilers wrote:

Thanks. I'll either Google it or try some of the online book stores I deal with. I have not built space or launch vehicles since the sixties, so am completely unaware of what resources are available, but figured asking this group would get me updated.