b24

what was the first model to have a nose turret? did the privateers always have one?has anyone seen the revell repop of the matchbox kit? same? where can i get a good 5 cent cigar?

Reply to
someone

'H' was the first chronologically. The 'G' model was built later. According to Wagner, some nose turrets were fitted to Pacific theatre 'D' aircraft in the field. Every combat Privateer I've seen has a nose turret. I can't say about the recon (spy) ships. I know nothing about cigars other than that they're disgustingly smelly.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

For what it's worth there was a B-17E fitted with Reed turrets. IIRC that experiment included a chin turret as later nstalled in the B-17G.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

i thought the failed gunships were the chin turret pioneers?

Reply to
someone