b24 decals

anyone have or know where i can buy b24 decals for the ploesti raid in !/48? i would love to find markings for killer kanes ac, but almost any of the raids ac would suffice. tanks......

Teresa Voyles

it does indeed help and is appreciated. i've been facinated with that operation since i read some books about it and met one of kanes gunners. not his ac, his group. man was a treasure, talking about how the placid farm fields turned into aa batterys in like 30 seconds. his plane lost a motor and had some crew injured, but they all got home. i was very young and forgot his name.

I actually met COL Leon Johnson (led the 44th Bomb Group aircraft on the Ploesti mission) at Maxwell AFB in 1985. They had a Medal of Honor seminar with him, Mike Novosel, COL Bud Day and John Levitow. He was a fine gentleman and still had the handlebar moustache. I think there's a set of markings for his aircraft out there as well. However, COL Johnson's B-24D was standard OD/Gray rather than Sand/Gray.

Reply to
Bill Woodier

hmmm, i suppose everyone does kanes, so i think you have given me a good alternative. thanks, bill. do you remember the company?