do 335 decals

i am building the 1/48 monogram do 335. i want to use the markings for the restored one in the squadron book. it is number 102 letters vg-ph. anyone know of a sheet, have any part, or know where i can find? i will buy, trade or reimburse postage for any parts. i need the yellow letters 102 especially. have the swastikas. thank you.

Cutting Edge sheet 48-130 has markings for 102.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

thanks dave

i looked at their page and found the sheet. doesn't look like the same camo scheme on the restored bird but the markings are correct. thanks, i'll wait for my xmas loot and buy it.

You want Cutting Edge sheet CED48130. It's on that sheet.

Reply to
Rufus

yes, that's the one i was looking at. they have a solid 71 color ac while the restored has the 70/71. that's the way i painted it.

The CE sheet probably shows the aircraft in it's original paint scheme, which was probably not the same as the "restored" scheme.

Reply to
Dave Williams

I have the big hardbound Monogram book on the Do 335 - there are some pictures of it in there. Of it restored, I mean. It looks like you've painted it.

Reply to
Rufus

the squadron book has three color pics. one overview for the splinter. is the mono book really good? i really like that plane. i would love toi scratch the zwillig in 48th.

and at that stage of the war, if you don't have pics of the original......

I thought it was braunviolet and hellgrun but its' been a while.

When this aircraft was first restored it was alleged that it would come back to the Smithsonian after being displayed in Germany for a decade. Anyone know why we keep giving away our hard won war relics?

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

maybe that one was too important to german history and we we're not playing conqueror?

The A/C is back now IIRC. Their keeping the Tiger I got them seriuous about getting the Do 335 back !!

Reply to
AM

so is it on display?