bill b

anyone know how to reach him directly? he seems to have disappeared and i'm worried. he hasn't answered emails for a week.

Reply to
someone

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote in news:tsSxl.65210$ snipped-for-privacy@en-nntp-02.dc.easynews.com:

I met some hot chick at the grocery store, went home with her and have finally crept out of bed, tired but happy. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

did she steal your wallet and watch?

Reply to
someone

WoW.

Glad to hear from ya dude. Ya had a LOT of people here worried ya did......

Now don't do that again ! Didn't your mother warn ya about strange girls ?

Reply to
AM

yeah, you'll get some, if you're lucky. strange girls, i mean.

Reply to
someone

How do ya think I got two kid's ???

Younger one is back from Iraq, wow what stories he has ! Interestingly enough, he nitpicked my Stryker built model (Trumpeter) no end, and looked at the other Stryker models on the market, and nitpicked them too.

I'm just thrilled Bill is OK !!!!

Reply to
AM

i'm glad your soldier is back and ok. tell him some old fart says thanks for the service and sacrifice. what was wrong with your stryker?

Reply to
someone

Thanx

The rim's on the wheels were wrong, there should only be a rim/step on the drivers wheel. Also the appliqué armor pattern is wrong, and the kit has no slat armor. Also they had in theater add on armor glass blocks around the upper rear hatches, and commanders hatch.

His unit was also the very first ones to have air conditioned Strykers. And even though it could only get the air down to

95+ degrees, he said it was a real big deal. The amount of weight they carried was amazing to me. (100 lbs gear, body armor, etc, before even picking up a weapon)

I've uploaded a pic of him and his buddies over at a.b.m.s He is the one kneeling at far right with the SAW (the one with glasses)

Reply to
AM

Thanks to your son for his service. I too, have the Trumpeter Stryker. Unfortunately, the decal sheet got some thinner spilled on it and it is decal free at the moment. As for the slat armor on the Stryker model, I wouldn't put it on, even if it was supplied as PE. I think it detracts from the look of the vehicle itself.

Reply to
willshak

thanks! i like seeing pictures of service people. and that's a lot wrong with a stryker

Reply to
someone

which one is your boy. i like the glasses the kneeling guy has. they look mean.

Reply to
someone

Give him a "welcome home, and well done" from me! He's earned the right to nitpick, alright.

Reply to
Rufus

Thats him ! :)

He finally got a M 4/M 203 combo, the SAW was a real bitch in the heat for everyone who carries it.

Ok, I just uploaded my favorite pic over at a.b.m.s.

Reply to
AM

looks like a soldier. they all have that look of men who are serious about the jon and professional. good picture.

Reply to
someone