BoB 1/72 Diorama Set - Italeri?

what is this? is it one of those things we used to see in the back of comics from the 1960's? never seen it before.

Craig

who me?

It's the old ESCI set. They had about thirty different diorama sets using their vehicles and figures with an added vacuform base.

Very high quality, BTW.

Others including Airfix and Nitto have done the same over the years.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

better than the old Rat Patrol kit?

Reply to
Craig

MPC did some too, seperate fromAirfix's stuff. Didn't Eidai do some sort of V-2 scene & a German Secret Strongpoint or something?

Reply to
famvburg

I remember seeing the kit at the time, but I have never seen the contents.

Anybody have one that they could describe?

The ESCI vehicles and figures are some of the best around. It's good to see Italeri re-popping them.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

think we'll see the 1/35 French Resistance figures again? Still have mine in a baggy somewhere.

Craig

Reply to
Craig

Well damn. I have the old ESCI for this one (only opened once). I had visions of selling it on eBay at some point. But I think I see the potenial value shrinking if it is being reissued .

Reply to
SamVanga

Speaking of Rat Patrol, Aurora did it too & an Anzio Beach scene, tho I think they're closer to 1/87. Revell did a number of 1/72 aircraft dios as well in the mid '70s.

Reply to
famvburg