chip off the old block!1 slightly OT

Well in that case... "OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!"

8-)D

WmB

Reply to
WmB

Stephen Tontoni wrote in news:tontoni- snipped-for-privacy@comcast.dca.giganews.com:

Because he cleaned himself up and didn't kill a mistress by leaving her to drown in a car which he drove off the road and then failed to inform anyone.

I can accept a man who admits his mistakes and cleans himself up. Hypocrits who get held to a lesser standard and don't clean themselves up I have no time for.

Reply to
Grey Ghost

Historical precedents for royal scum........Hapsburgs, Bourbons, Plantagenets, etc., ad nauseous...........;)

Reply to
Ron Smith

Heh, the really pathetic thing is when this occurs, we'll still be no further ahead than if the other party retained leadership. Either way we're hosed. John

Reply to
John DeBoo

I agree we're in trouble, but I don't think the trouble will begin in two years; it began in 2000. Dubya and his cronies have put us in an awful fix and it'll take a long time to recover. I think that true poetic justice could be served if there is some radical shifting of balance in the houses such that Dubya's impeachment can be seriously considered. What cannot be undone are Dubya's supreme court appointments.

Again, not that impeachment would do anything substantial, but at least it would be some amount of vindication for having to suffer through this administration.

What is scary is that the US is not only getting closer to being a fascist state, but we are edging ever closer to theocracy. That scares the crap out of me.

--- Tontoni

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

You should make that more general, as Usenet is, after all, a world-wide medium.

_All_ politicians are scum, and most of their families are, too.

Cheers, Gary B-)

Reply to
Gary R. Schmidt

The point is that it was the "past". Within the Kennedy Cult, the Evil Overlords (or are they class-warfare-egging-on spoiled brats? I forget which...) are allowed to get away with such in the "present".

For example, our own (Texas) Senator Phil Gramm was endlessly slammed for his cameo appearance in the movie "Gods and Generals"...yet (Democrat)Sen. Robert Byrd was not even mentioned, even though he had a cameo as a Confederate general.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

President Cheney *does* have kind of a nice ring to it...

Such a shame. What's even worse is that he may get to make one or two more before his term ends. Or maybe President Cheney will get to make them. Heh.

Why should _you_ get vindication? Where's *my* vindication for having to suffer through eight long years of the Billary presidency?

Proving that you don't have a clue about the definition of 'fascism'.

Only if bin Laden or his successor wins this war and gets to establish his worldwide Caliphate.

Are you expecting the 2008 elections to be cancelled?

Reply to
Al Superczynski

As a person whose ancestors were French Huguenots who barely escaped France after the Saint Bartholomew's Day massacre I agree 100%. If there is one thing that really makes me see red it's these idiots who run around spouting the idea that our founding Fathers didn't really mean for there to be separation of Church and State. They damned well did because 200 years ago Europe's religious wars were still of very recent memory. And those wars were caused by just the type of religious fervor and intolerance being exhibited by some of these nut cases coming out of the woodwork around G.W. And next to them there are the left wing fools like Mike Wallace & Co. who are saying the 2nd Amendment doesn't really mean to protect individual rights where weapons are concerned. He probably has never read The Federalist Papers and wouldn't if they were placed in front of him.

Bill Shuey Who has studied too much history!

Reply to
William H. Shuey

OK, the Kennedies are the really frothy part of the scum...........

Reply to
Ron Smith

OK, the Kennedies are the frothy part of the scum that contains the really noxious gasses..........

Reply to
Ron Smith

"William H. Shuey" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@starpower.net:

Yes, but it doesn't mean that people who are religious are excluded or in any way bars them from brining thier beliefs with them to public service. Humanism, secularism, atheism, marxism are also belief systems. Are they to be the only ones permiteed in office? How does a Christian come to office and discard that which he believes is right in favor of that which he believes is wrong because it is the nonreligiously influenced view. I am still waiting for a secularist to tell why it's bad to kill someone or take thier money if it advances my own needs. I would argue that between taxation, overregulation that forces additional costs on people and abortion on demand I'd say they really can't.

There is a considerable difference between being a moral and/or religious nation that governs by the set of laws we've established and a government that is based on a particular religion that penalizes all others - Europe until the 1800s and Islam up and until today. If we cannot recognize theis we really are through. Becuase then instead of being the (flawed) exception to the divine rights kingdoms/empires/etc, we willbecome wroshipers of secualrism and intolerant of any religious views that aren't "value nuetral" as if such a thing were even possible.

Reply to
Grey Ghost

Well Al, I've always said that Dubya is just a heartbeat away from running this country. So having "president cheney" would more than likely be a change in title only, but identical role for him. Same for Goebbels; I mean Rove...

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

So what would be the point of impeaching Bush then? By your line of reasoning you guys should impeach Cheney...

Rove isn't in the presidential line of succession - check the Constitution.

BTW - Godwin's Law is now in effect. You lose the arguement automatically.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I was painting an engine from a 1/25 Model A Ford and I dropped the engine and broke a small chip off the old block. I can't find the chip. What would be a good product to replace the chip?

Reply to
willshak

Re-read my post and try to not just pull out snippets to respond to, making it look like I said one thing and not another. I was talking about roles rather than titles, and the guys who are actually running this country. I shouldn't need to explain to you; you're a smart guy.

Ah, yes, any reference to nazi party politics automatically destroys one's argument? Was that when I mentioned how the country is approaching fascism and theocracy, or when I called Rove "Goebbels"? You do realize that's not actually a law yet, although I'm sure that there is a bill in some committee somewhere that would make any comparison between this embarrassing administration and a fascist state illegal. Free speech, after all, isn't free either, is it?? (I'm laughing, by the way)

Thanks for the chuckle Al; glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humor.

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

I don't see impeachment in any manner ever occurring. By the time they did his term would be over. Its a symbol only and its not symmbols we need, its decisive action. We simply cannot continue in the mode we are. The system is broken, badly, and its going to take awhile to fix, along with some tough choices. If we leave it to the politicians and attorneys to fix it'll never get done. Hell, they got us here along with our apathy as a whole. If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got. John

Reply to
John DeBoo

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news:445e43b7$1 snipped-for-privacy@newspeer2.tds.net:

Nice try. Bush admitted his problems and cleaned his act up. According to Clinton, he never inhaled. Nor did he have sex with that women, depending on the meaning of "is". Clinton acts like any junkie caught with his pants down. Bush owned up and didn't lie.

Wow absolutely 100% equivalent, no difference at all. Uh-huh.

Reply to
Grey Ghost

Heh. Good one. ;)

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Well, that's really 'fair and balanced'...

ROFLMAO! The news anchors on CNN, ABC, NBC, and See BS are

*conservatives*??? Click your heels together three times, Dorothy - you need to go back to Kansas...

Middle-of-the-road Americans, that's who. You know, I don't _care_ if the big shots of the MSM are liberals or not. What bugs me is that they won't admit it. It's as if they were ashamed of their political leanings.

Reply to
Al Superczynski