chip off the old block!1 slightly OT

I see that Congressman Kennedy is a real chip off the old block (Senator Ted Kennedy). Driving erratically without lights and sideswiping a police cruiser. When he got out of the car he was staggering and confused, said he had to get to Congress for a vote (Congress had adjourned 3 hours earlier). Before he could be breathalyzed some DC Police big shots showed up and escorted him safely away. Ahh, it pays to be a liberal in Washington.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Slightly OT? I don't see any little bit of model discussion in there.

I know for a fact that GOP congresscritters have had similiar favors done for them.

Drink your Kool Aid somewhere else.

E.P.

Reply to
Ed Pirrero

Hi Bill,

Think you just found a new diorama theme for that anti-IPMS whacko from Arizona to build -- "Famous Kennedy car wrecks!"

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

A bridge and water along with the cars would make a nice diorama. Does anyone make a resin 1/25 Jack Daniels bottle?

Reply to
Count DeMoney

Reply to
Hub & Diane Plott III

"Ed Pirrero" wrote in news:1146787475.530972.180340 @j73g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Sorry Howlin' Howie Dean has ordered all of it to be delivered in Nov 2008. Not enough left for anyone else.

Reply to
Grey Ghost

Whaddayamean that you "don't see any little of model discussion here?" Ted Kennedy is a hell of a role MODEL.

Ray Austin, TX ===

Reply to
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman

---snippage---

big shots showed up and escorted him safely away.

Bill, that's not even close to a modeling discussion (slightly OT?) and to suggest that DUI is a liberal monopoly is patently absurd. (see current president... poster child for drug/alcohol abuse and privilege)

I would have expected better of you Bill.

--- Tontoni

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

Of course it is model related.........besides az's car wreck dios the regular car guys can build a wholefeelt of Drunken Kennedy cars...............

Reply to
Ron Smith

Stevie: You missed my point! I bet a Republican screwing up like that wouldn't get the same treatment.

Bill

Reply to
William H. Shuey

If it were a Republican it would be plastered on every paper and tv screen in the country with reporters shouting how terrible it is. This is a liberal,it will be hushed up within days while the media looks for the next thing to falsely accuse the right wing of...

Reply to
eyeball

The head of the CIA stepped down today without warning - that should fill a few news cycles for a while. Also I see the latest errant Kennedy in question is off to rehab. Is it just me or has it gotten to the point that going into rehab has now become something of a "get out of jail FREE card" with some?

WmB

Reply to
WmB

...hate to say it, but I guess we can thank Betty Ford for that.

Reply to
Rufus

You'd lose that bet. I know *for a fact* that it's happened to at least two different GOP folks.

But those never made even the LOCAL news. Damn conservative media...

E.P.

Reply to
Ed Pirrero

You gotta be kidding!! The CBS crew on 60 minutes would devote a whole hour to that story! I can see Mike Wallace, Cokie Roberts and Ed Bradley drooling over the story now.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Such as Rush Limbaugh? Why was Dubya's powdery and alcoholic past skimmed over in both elections? It's interesting stuff.

The media gauges its audience and produces what they think will sell. If it's the conservatives being raked one week, it may be the liberals the following. The recent trend, considering the bashing the conservatives

*should* be taking, is heavily pro-conservative. This picture will change very soon. Mark my words.

Regarding Kennedies and substance abuse and difficulty driving; it ain't news. I've never been a fan of any Kennedy (even snubbed one at a T station in Boston) and this is apparently one more of the line.

They are sons of privilege, which I find distasteful no matter what the political leaning may be.

--- Tontoni

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

That's one thing I can agree with, the Kennedies in general are scum.

Reply to
Ron Smith

I suspect it will change big time in November. Between Iraq and his big oil friends, G.W.'s performance is going to cost the Republican Party both houses of Congress. The next two years will be a National disaster!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Ronny, Ronny, Ronny! How can you say that about the family that the media has called "America's Royalty"?? :-)

Bill Shuey (holding his nose)

Reply to
William H. Shuey