Cleaning before painting ??

Hi I've got a couple of fingermarks on my model and I'm now ready to paint it. What method is best for cleaning prior to painting?

The kit is a 1/72 Fujimi Spitfire (if that makes a difference).

TIA

Andy

-=Plane Mad=-

Reply to
-=Plane Mad=-

Wipe it down with a lint free cloth dampened with alcohol.

Reply to
The Model Hobbit

I agree with alcohol, but sometime try a coffee filter. Cheap and no lint!!

Coffee filters also make great "extra fine" sandpaper. Often you can get the paint surface smooth enough that you really don't need Future.

Reply to
Wildcat

This might not work for everyone/everything, but I load my airbrush with soap and water, and then blaze away at hight pressure. After a bit, change to just water, and finally dry the target with nothing but air. Automated car wash, for kits :-)

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel

Such great replies......water jets and new uses for coffee filters....the knowledge never ends,

Reply to
Arcusinoz

now you take a rubber chicken and a six foot red head with a taste for the bizzare.....