decals needed USN ship numbers

I am building an old Lindberg LST model ship, 1:245 scale. This is for my dad whose uncle was on LST 454 in WW2. Not a great model but the best LST I could find. Now, the problem is this, where can I find ship numbers for this scale? The model came with just a couple of numbers and not the ones I need. My hands are not steady enough to paint them by hand.

Oren Truitt

Reply to
Oren

Floating Dry Dock offers hull number decals in various sizes from 1" to

1/16".

While none are intended precisely for 1:245 scale, there should be something in the range of sizes which comes very close to the size you need.

Cheers,

Reply to
Bill Shatzer

I use rub-on letters a lot in these cases.Usually the ones in the model train section of the hobby shops have what I need,although local craft stores may also.I rub them down on blank decal paper,seal them with a clear coat,and when dry I cut them out and use as a regular decal.

Reply to
eyeball