Diskoplan

I'm making the Mando Models Suchanov Diskoplan, a cute little round wing glider.

The kit includes a poor quality air-to-air photo. I googled it and found two good color photos. Problem is: different aircraft.

It appears that the kit represents the Diskoplan I while the photos show the Diskoplan 2, which has a very different fuselage.

Anybody have a source for the Diskoplan I photos? Color scheme seems to be dark green overall with a red star on the vertical tail.

TIA,

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

Have you seen this page, it has what it says are pics of both, although my browser didn't seem to like clicking on them...

eyeball

Thank you. I do have that one. At first I thought that what they show as a "Diskoplan I"=A0 appears to be the II and their II is another beast entirely. I thought that Mando had really screwed up the fuselage, but the photo in their instructions is most definately the shape presented in the kit.Mando lists Jane's 1958 and The History of Soviet Aircraft =46rom 1918 by Nemecek as references. Anybody have the Jane's?TIA,TomOn Jul 18, 1:57=A0pm, eyeball wrote:> On Jul 18,

3:43=A0pm, " snipped-for-privacy@netscape.com" > wrote:> > >

I'm making the Mando Models Suchanov Diskoplan, a cute little round> >

wing glider.> > > The kit includes a poor quality air-to-air photo. I googled it and> > found two good color photos. Problem is: different aircraft.> > > It appears that the kit represents the Diskoplan I while the photos> > show the Diskoplan 2, which has a very different fuselage.> > > Anybody have a source for the Diskoplan I photos? Color scheme seems> > to be dark green overall with a red star on the vertical tail.> > > TIA,> > > Tom> > Have you seen this page, it has what it says are pics of both,> although my browser didn't seem to like clicking on them...

maiesm72

3=A0pm, " snipped-for-privacy@netscape.com" > wrote:> > >

You have me curious, I never heard of Mando models, can you share some info? For that matter I barely was familiar with the Diskoplan...

Reply to
eyeball

Small British company doing cast resin 1/72 kits. They did the Discoplan in 1999. Nine tan resin parts with no flash except for one wheel that still has a very thin pour base. Vacuform canopy, four sizes of round stock and one piece of wire. Instruction sheet has a simple three view and a sketch explaining the moveable tail. The photo is a rough rear 3/4 view from slightly above.

I also have the Mando Models General Aircraft GAL.61. They also do the Fieseler Fi 103S Reichenberg II, Fi 103S Reichenberg II Glider Trainer and the Planet Satellite. They also have a 1/144 de Havillaned Comet

3B/4B Military Hybrid from the RAE Blind Landing Experimental Unit. This may be a conversion.

Not sure if they are still trading. I'll google them and see what I can find out.

Cheers,

Tom

:43=A0pm, " snipped-for-privacy@netscape.com" > wrote:> > >

Reply to
maiesm72

,3:43=A0pm, " snipped-for-privacy@netscape.com" > wrote:> > >

Thanks Tom. I had heard of a company doing those versions of the Fi103, I assume it must have been those. And I'll have to look for a copy of that GAL.61!

Reply to
eyeball

,3:43=A0pm, " snipped-for-privacy@netscape.com" > wrote:> > >

I did some googling too. I got this email for Mando... snipped-for-privacy@fsmail.net