Polikarpov I-15 Kit ID

A friend sent me a nice 1/72 kit of the I-15, parts only, missing the clear parts.

I started it last night and I became curious as to what kit it is. I compared it to the following kits in my collection and it was not one of them: Aviation Usk, Azur, Guano, ICM, MSP and Pavla.

I have the following listed in the database that I do not have: Bum, Malkov, MC, Modelist and Special Hobby.

As I think that is one of these I would like to ask if anyone has one with the description shown below: White injection molded plastic. Pretty heavy sprue gates to the parts. Fuselage halves include the vertical tail surfaces, rudder. Upper wing one piece, lower wings seperate. Both have the wing strut attachments outlined on their surface. Engine in front and rear halves. Cowling ring one piece with very heavy central sprue in three spokes. Each wheel has a seperate outer wheel cover. Small parts are pretty crisp. Vented dome over engine front is very finely detailed. Cockpit includes floor, seat, head rest, control column, instrument panel. No cockpit details on the sides. Inside of fuselage halves are large ejection pins just ahead of the cockpit and at the base of the vertical tail. Underside of the top wing has ejection pins under each side as well as on the center.

If anyone knows for sure which kit this please let me know. I could really use the clear parts, at least the windscreen. Instructions would also be nice, as would decals. I plan on doing the Chinese variant.

TIA

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

Try this page. By what you described, this may be the AvUsk kit.

willshak

Thanks, Bill. That's it!

I guess I shouldn't be scrounging around in the garage at midnight. The Aviation Usk kit that I checked last night was the Polikarpov I-152! The extra windscreen in the I-15 makes everything really great. I have enough Chinese markings to choose from.

Let me know if there is anything that I can do for you.

Happy modeling,

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

I may have the wrong model of I-15 but Encore had one of them out and as I recall, it was manufactured in Latvia. Heller also had an I-15 type in a kit but yours does not sound like it. It' likely that I have a copy of the instructions to both of these.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-modeller

Bill

The other Bill (NY) put me straight. It's the Aviation Usk kit. When I went looking for it at midnight (under a full moon, yet) I pulled the Usk I-152 by mistake.

The Usk kit has two sets of clear parts in vacuform. I'll use one windscreen and leave the complete kit intact.

The Encore kits are the Toko I-15 bis. One has wheels, the other skis. The Heller kit is the I.153, the one with retractable landing gear.

Now to dig out the photos of the Chinese I-15.

Thanks,

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

Glad that I found the Chinese I-15s so fast. They were I-15bis/I-152s.

Guess I'll do one of the Spanish ones. Colorful and it'll go well alongside the Spanish Nationalist Bu 133 in the case.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72