eBay Suspension Message

Anyone else getting these messages from snipped-for-privacy@ebay.com? I automatically deleted it, assuming it's another virus attempt, similar to the recent bogus Pay-Pal cancellation notices.

Reply to
Robert Skipper

I got one...it's BS.But I did go to ebay and change my password,as well as doing a virus check just in case.

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

Funny, I've been reported as a bad boy to ebay for giving out teamjoedawn's email address and did not get one... go figger..

I figure it is most likely bogus.

Mike Mike please remove "diespam" to reply

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, perhaps you've misunderstood the situation.

Reply to
MLDHOC

Yes, got one last night. I haven't opened it as I know about the scam. Someone's trying to get control of your account.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Yes, I forwarded it to snipped-for-privacy@ebay.com and they replied that it was bogus. Plus it was sent to my non-Ebay associated e-mail account. Rob Gronovius Visit my motor pool in the

gallery

Reply to
Rob Gronovius

IT"S A SCAM Man stay away from that 1.

Reply to
TONY 70000

I had one, reported it to snipped-for-privacy@ebay.co.uk and in the reply I received ebay stated that 'ebay will never request passwords or other details'. I can safely say... DELETE THEM!

Ian Symonds Big Red '93 Defender 110 CSW

Reply to
Wolverine

I too received one of these recently, and thanks to notices on this list, I knew it was a scam. I sent it on to snipped-for-privacy@eBay.com who replied that it was indeed a scam. Out of curiosity I tried to access the URL in the message, but it wouldn't work. Wonder if it got canceled. I had an idea to reply through the URL using a bogus ID and password, just to see if they would reply. Oh well, missed a little fun!

BB in Canada

Reply to
Railfan

Just as a follow on I've had several of these bogus messages and have deleted them all and never once given out my details, but I just got emailed from a guy in Mexico asking me about the 50" NICAM TV that I'm selling on Ebay, what 50" TV ?

I log on to ebay and sure enough, somehow, someone has listed a 50" NICAM TV against my account, for £10.00 no less and free shipping from the UK, I almost bid myself :-).

Unsurprisingly I have changed my password this morning.

Be careful guys theres a lot of this going on. Happy modelling Ant

ebay

Reply to
Ant Phillips

It was working when i took a look, i knew it was false, this one, differed from one a few days earlier, it looked better.

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

"Railfan" I too received one of these recently, and thanks to notices on this

I;ve gotten several similar messages over the past several months, some purporting to be from eBay and a couple that claimed to be from PayPal - all were bogus.

I also thought about responding to a couple with uncomplementary responses but thought better of it. If you reply to them with some sort of bogus info, it's true that they do not get the account info they want. However, when you reply, they do, then have what they know is an active and working e-mail account address that they can use and exploit for a while if they choose to do so.

My recommendation is not to give them anything at all that they can use. Just report the attempted scam to eBay or PayPal, or whomever the scammer purports to be and delete it without replying in any manner.

"The world would be a much simpler place if every one could pick and choose their obligations, but we can't and we shouldn't." Major Charles W. Whittlesey

Reply to
Bill Woodier

I assumed if you replied via their website they would not have any info on your real address. I know better not to reply to their message directly.

BB in Canada

Reply to
Railfan

I don't know; perhaps you're right and they couldn't discern an e-mail address from submitting something to their site but I know that some sites n the Internet have data miners that load onto your computer when you access those sites. some are relatively benign but some can capture your password and other personal info from your computer. It's just not worth the risk to me.

"The world would be a much simpler place if every one could pick and choose their obligations, but we can't and we shouldn't." Major Charles W. Whittlesey

Reply to
Bill Woodier

It's fun that I get them without ever having used e-bay or pay pal. I would never reply, but it sure would be cool to reply giving them the e-mail account of one of the numerous Nigerian letter scum.:-)

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

i got one too, i did a post here several minutes ago to nanae with the email and an ARIN of the 2 IP's that my fiewall was reporting, i cut and pasted that to my post, i love the newsgroups! you can put information out here that will last forever! it looks like ebay has had that link shut down, EXCELENT!

in my email they wanted all concieveable personal info, right down to the CCV 3 digits on the back of your credit card.

i feel sorry for the suckers that fall for that!

jack

Reply to
jack smith