Eric Idle on US telly

...lemon curry?...

Reply to
Rufus

never dried the pet poodle?

we are great at cooking the food of other countries, but indigenous stuff lacks...

I visited several markets in the states and was impressed by the quality of the cuts of meat and the price compared to the UK. Unfortunately I was staying with a vegetarian and never got to try my hand at some Kansas City steaks. But in New Orleans... Gumbo, Jambalaya and 'Po Boy' sandwiches. American cuisine at its best.

"Get me an Alligator sandwich and make it snappy!"

Reply to
Les Pickstock

With small print "don't put in lap while driving!"

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

It brings a tear to my eye. Thank God for that!

The best ones I had were from a Chinese restaurant. Large chunks of hot potato with a seasoning of chicken. The best thing on a cold Winter's night strolling home from the pub.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

I forgot the other small print. "Don't put uncooked eggs in their shells inside."

We had a late night tv show where people sent in all ideas for things to put in a microwave just to see the fireworks.

On one occasion when having a competition to see the first egg of five (painted to look like each Spice Girl) the door actually blew off when one exploded!

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

There was an news article on the radio just a few minutes ago.... Seems that a family suffered a $100,000 loss to a major fire in their home, started by the brand new microwave. Somebody decided to try it out after bringing it home, but forgot to take the instruction manual out first.

The Old Timer

no doubt it said in the instruction manual 'please remove this manual before operation' Wouldnt be a Irish family would it?

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

thats the rural edition.

the very best is a blattany splears or avslut lblanc cd. the colors! wow man, the colors!

adds new meanin to rtfm.

Then roll around your mouth while going "hoh! hoh!" then swallow so that it really hurts your stomach.

Other dubious pleasures are to take an ice cream cone with soft ice cream in it, bite the bottom tip then suck so hard that a lump shoots to the back of your throat and you swallow. This also hurts!

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

I should have photographed the Polish 'dogs being sold at USAF Upper Heyford. Somewhere near 18" in length and nearly as awesome as the sight of seeing a young child sitting on a blanket with what I thought was a baseball mitt. It was a rack of ribs!

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

That could get messy. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

There's an old story about Dr Samuel Johnson who, whilst dining with Royalty, put a potato in his mouth that was far too hot. He immediatly spat it out and became aware of the embarassment this caused to his hosts. Johnson, who was renowned for his erudition, quickly quipped " A bloody fool would have swallowed that!" and was pronounced a great wit.

Reply to
Les Pickstock

Toasted paper! Yum! Obviously the kind who don't need no stinkin' instructions.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

boswell lied.

Heretic! Everyone knows you are supposed to crawl home from a pub!

Oxmoron1

Reply to
OXMORON1

Huh?