Eric Idle on US telly

message

Really?

Reply to
Les Pickstock

There's a shop lacoally that does a speciality - Bread and Butter Pudding where the bread is spread with whiskey marmalade before it's all put together. That's worth the queueing on a Sunday lunchtime!

Reply to
DBatt56523

I think its just a case of eggs and flour, thats how my nan used to do it, or with batter mix, same sort of thing used for pancakes here.

Oh the fat in the pan in the oven must be burning hot IIRC

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

recent work with records and contemporary accounts are showing boswell to be more a follower than real biographer. but he did say at times his "heart may speak more well than fact".

Sounds like something we'd hang out for the birds in winter. You English will eat anything! :+) Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

And for us it's a euphemism cured by ointment.

Oh yeah, to paraphrase the old R&B group SWV we'd even "go downtown" too just to eat out! ;-)

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

Jeremy Clarkson?????

Reply to
Martin (Please note spammers email address used)

He followed on from that initial idea but oh so well.

IIRC it was on Channel 4 and I remember a segment on there with Rich Hall with a spoof on 'Letters from America'. Not his best work. Something makes me think it was the guy (name escapes me) who used to do that late night show where he sat down at the VCR and showed us videos.

Jeremy Clarkson did some great stuff including that programme only shown a week or two ago on guns where he made a potato launcher fired by hair lacquer and a barbeque igniter.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

Is that anything like "spanking the monkey" or "polishing the bishop?" 8^)

Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

no, it's strictly being the 'tard.

Jack Dee?

Reply to
Martin (Please note spammers email address used)

...dunno...you've never heard Lightnin' Hopkins doing "Let Me Play With Your Poodle"?..

Reply to
Rufus

no, but i will before the day is out.

Jack Dee did the exploding eggs in the Microwave and had Rich Hall/Otis Lee Crenshaw on his show.

The guy who sat down at the VCR with the videos was Bob Mills in "In Bed with Medinner"

Duncan Riddle

That's it, Jack Dee.

Oh how we miss them both what with Friday nights now being s**te and all that.

I knew I was turning into Futurama's Professor Farnsworth.....wuh ?

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

...heh...it'll change your outlook...

Hey - my boss is on vacation for a week...it'll take me till he comes back to ask him about his chrome work.

Reply to
Rufus

did you ever find an electrics guy?

I can out cook your sorry ass any day............

Azzz1588

really? i did it for 25 years. last gig opening cook and manager of the blue diner, boston. also worked at ferdinand/s, blue parrot and a not so select list of others. i cook american food best, but can do noveau french, chinese, and italian.