Extremely OT: NHL Hockey standings

the standings in my local paper print games played before the wins/ losses. I've not seen that before in any other sport.

anyone here know why games played is shown first ?

thx - Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

They do it so that if two ( or more ) teams are ties in points...you can see that one of them might have more games played. Hence, might be further back when the "tied" team catches up in "games played"

GO HAWKS!

Reply to
Mark

I should say GO SHARKS! but we all know they will tank again in the playoffs........ Best record did not mean much last season.

Reply to
Musicman59