F-16 TARS recce pod

I'm working (feverishly)on an article for the IPMS-NL magazine about F-16 stores. I've got a basic drawing of the Modular Reconnaissance Pod, that serves as the basis for the USAF's Theater Airborne Reconnaissance System (TARS). I would like to make a side.view drawing of the TARS pod, with correct camera windows etc, but I can only find vague photos. Is there anyone here with more detailed knowledge? Thanks in advance!

Rob

My models:

Me 163B site:
AQM-34 site:

Rob de Bie

Been here?

willshak

Yes! But that's the Belgian version of the Modular Reconnaissance Pod, with a rather different camera window layout compared to the USAF's TARS pod. The pod's manufacturer (Terma from Denmark) sent me a drawing of the Belgian pod by the way, so that one is covered. The TARS appears to have one rectangular window with rounded corners on each side, approximately where the Belgian version has the largest window, plus a bulge on the front side.

Rob

My models:

Me 163B site:
AQM-34 site:

Rob de Bie

Perhaps you want Denmarks' Per Udsen version, used by the USAF?

willshak

Yes, that's the one. Per Udsen was taken over by Terma, so we're talking about the same pod.

The photo you mention is the only 'detailed' photo available it seems. But since most hatches are taken off, I still have no idea where the camera windows are when it is assembled!

I made a sort-of 'composite' drawing from the very limited data I found, that's the best I can do at the moment. Thanks for the help so far!

Rob

Reply to
Rob de Bie