F-18F cockpit sidewall colors

Does anyone have cockpit shots of the F-18F showing the cockpit sidewall color. Are they black or gray ?

thanks

Reply to
Tony

Tony, This is a link to a page with some great walkaround shots... specifically tghe -18 cocpit you talked about.

Just cut part of the address for additonal pictures, etc.

rich

Reply to
Rich

That's a C model cockpit...

Reply to
Rufus

I need the F model which I believe are actually black, but not a completely black interior....

Tony

The top of the canopy sill is black; the interior edge of the canopy sill is grey; the cockpit sidewalls are black.

...at least that's the way it is on the airplane I looked at.

Reply to
Rufus

Just to make sure you get the info...

The top of the canopy sill is black; the interior edge of the canopy sill is grey; the cockpit sidewalls are black.

...at least that's the way it is on the airplane I looked at.

Reply to
Rufus

Take a look here:

the very bottom is a cockpit shot. I think it's from one of the first jets.

Hope that helps, Shawn

Reply to
Shawn Hull

Thanks

Reply to
Tony

The first series of shots is of an "early production" Lot F headed for VFA-41; looks like they were taken on the ramp at the factory.

Second series of shots is of an earlier (than previous) Lot F from VFA-122. Note Trainer vise Missionised config of the aft cockpit.

Reply to
Rufus