FAA CORSAIR inside color

Hello to the community, best wishes for you and your families for 2004. As seen in the subject ,i try to know

-the inside color of the FAA corsair

- if the seat belts were USN original or British adaptation. Many thanks to all jp

Reply to
poisseroux

I don't 'know' what colour was used but since they were built here I used zinc chromate on the insides of the one I built. It was in the nature of an educated guess.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Yes, but...Humbrol's 'cockpit green' is for British manufactured planes. The question is, did Vought use British spec paints for the interiors of the planes they sold to the British? Seems unlikely, given that most interior parts were pre-painted by the subcontractors; but I don't claim to know the answer for sure. Pip Moss I used to feel cheap 'cause I had no signature.

Reply to
Pip Moss

There has been a few pictures of a FAA Corsair that's being restored now, it's zinkchromate yellow in the gunbays and engine area, and zinkchromate green in the cockpit and all over dark blue outside and in wheels bays, undercarriage e.t.c. I belive the Aeroplane Magazine had the story.

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen