fine mesh

Hi all, I'm trying to find a fine mesh for 1/32 - 1/35 scale vehicles to use as radiator grill, vents etc. Can anyone point me to a web site in the UK that sells such stuff? Cheers. Ian Symonds

Reply to
Ian Symonds

How fine do you mean? "VERY" fine?.....

Look for stainless steel metal mesh coffee filters. They are VERY fine. They would even be "in-scale" on 1/72nd scale armor. And they are less pricey than the metal mesh usually sold as model accessories.

( I am assuming that you can find COFFEE filters in the UK...lol )

Reply to
Greg Heilers

You might find what you're looking for in a fabric store. Some synthetic window veilings are quite close to a square or a hexagonal grill.

Reply to
[SM04]Serge D. Grun

: You might find what you're looking for in a fabric store.

Or lingerie department

Reply to
Ruediger LANDMANN

Connery mode

Yesh, Pussy, this is a fine mesh we're in now...

Couldn't let it go....

RobG (the Aussie one)

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Ian, The best selection of meshes I got (more than a few years ago now, thinking about it) was from a proper old-style service garage that was closing down. They had fine brass screen of a few different mesh sizes (much better than the stainless steel stuff I picked up at a prototyping workshop, and also a few square centimetres of finest copper screen apparently used in the fuel filters of Rolls Royces (though possibly only vintage models now). Maybe try your local car restoration shop if all else fails? Chek

Reply to
Chek

in article boere3$hl1$ snipped-for-privacy@titan.btinternet.com, Chek at chek snipped-for-privacy@tootalise.co.uk wrote on 7/11/03 1:10:

You find a very fine mesh in ex army Landrover filler tubes. Try going to a auto jumble and asking about>

Reply to
Rory Manton

Thanks all for the replies and ideas! I particularly like the coffe filter idea.

Reply to
Ian Symonds

On the thread on shaking up paint bottles someone said to use the mesh from an automatic transmission filter. Used ones that would only need a clean can be had for nothing from almost any car transmission repair shop.

Hope this helps, Peter

Reply to
Bushy