Help, decals lifting or curling off model?

Hi, I have a model that the ends of the decals are starting to lift up or curl. Is there anyway to fix this? I meant to spray on a clearcoat but never did so it appears I may be paying the price.

Thanks

Reply to
Kevin Cox

Who made the decals?

Is the surface painted or clearcoated? Decals will not stick to bare plastic.

You may be able to re-wet them with MicroScale Decal film but more likely they'll crumble. It would be easier and less tearfull to remove them (with tape, etc.) and apply a new set. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Try flowing some diluted Elmers glue under the lifting portion. Works for me.

Keith

Reply to
Keith Ehley

If they haven't gotten too bad you can paint them back down with some Future also.Then go ahead and clear coat the model.

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

Decals also stick poorly to non-gloss paint surfaces, so if you applied directly over a matte finish, this could be the problem. The usual sequence to get a matte finish is: matte paint, clear gloss coat, decals, clear gloss coat, clear matte coat.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Thanks all!