Hemi Orange Paint

Ok.........It's below zero and still snowing in Colorado Springs. Another 6 inches in the last 2 days. The 3 projects I have going have reached the stage where additional painting is necessary.

I can't paint so I picked up one of the new Hawk 1/4 Scale Hemi Engines to work on while I hibernate. This is not a great kit. There are many large gaps especially where metal meets plastic and there isn't anything to help you properly locate the mating parts not to mention they don't mate at all well. I filled all the gaps I could but now need to try to paint them. The kit is painted / moulded in hemi orange. I found hemi orange in a model master spray can but I would prefer not to decant. Is there any hemi orange available in a bottle for brushing from anyone??

Reply to
Count DeMoney

It should be available in Model Master bottles. There's quite a few engine colours available that way.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Bill,

Don't ask me why but Testors Model Masters makes Hemi Orange in a spray can only. Go figure??

Reply to
Count DeMoney

And they still make the yellow Zinc Chromate in the little square bottle too !!

:-)

Reply to
AM

Geez. Kind of makes you wonder about them somedays.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller