Hobby Lobby clearance

Local HL had the Italieri XB-70 on clearance for $22. Since usually stuff is clearanced throughout the chain, might be something to look for tomorrow. Also Trumpeter naval model cruisers were clearanced.

Reply to
frank

damn.

Reply to
someone

After years of hearing how great HL is, they finally opened one near me in MD last year. It was like a Michael's craft store but larger. And the model selection was like walmart. A couple Revell planes, a smattering of cars, one or two ships. Plus tube glue and the Testor's paints in the small bottles.

Reply to
eyeball

I picked up a Baltimore for $11, pretty hard to pass up. I think I also ended up with another 1942 San Francisco but the discount wasn't quite as good.

Also a larger-scale Wasp, I think, but I'm sticking to 1/700 for now.

Reply to
Scott Johnson

Checked their website and no good deals there.....

T2

I picked up a Baltimore for $11, pretty hard to pass up. I think I also ended up with another 1942 San Francisco but the discount wasn't quite as good.

Also a larger-scale Wasp, I think, but I'm sticking to 1/700 for now.

Reply to
Tom

Their website is always full price. Useful ONLY if what you want isn't in the store.

Reply to
frank

Den 10-10-2011 02:40, frank skrev:

Whished there was an offer like that near (Denmark).

The closest is Hannants in UK that has this kit and the price is $50 plus freight.

Reply to
Uffe Bærentsen

Yeah, good to know. I stopped at closest one today (which has about fifty different plastic and die cast car models, half dozen types of armor, half dozen naval, and maybe twenty kinds of aircraft). Picked up an Academy 1/144 AWACS for $7, and a Tamiya 1/24 Countach for $14 on clearance. Then I went to the two others nearby, and picked up a Tamiya 105mm Sherman for $19, and a Tamiya 1/72 P-51D for $11, on clearance. Mine also carries Estes rockets (maybe 20 different types), diorama supplies, model railroad supplies, slot cars, and a huge variety of paints - Model Master acryl and enamel, Testors enamel, artists oils, artists acrylics, inks, brushes and thinners. I buy my Exacto knives and blades here, as well as wooden bases for models an dioramas. They offer 40% any item practically every week with a coupon that's both on line and in the newspaper. If you can't find useful deals on good shit at these places, you're not trying very hard.

Reply to
cschultz

It doesn't matter how hard I try, if the models physically aren't on the shelves. HL in my area simply doesn't cater to modelers.

Reply to
eyeball

Don't feel bad, it happens. I keep hearing about the "clearence tables", but in my area, the manager dumps these items at the nearest Ollie's or Big Lots. All the HL carries is wildly overpriced Testors rattlecans and a few models.

Regards, John Braungart

Reply to
The Old Man

:

The planogram at each Hobby Lobby is fixed nationally. In my travels for work this year to seven states, I have found it to be the same at every store I have visited. An entire aisle dedicated to scale models. Amazing odds that your one local store appears to be from a different dimension, bad luck.

Reply to
cschultz

Yeah, but Hannants have the etch, resin and decals for it, as well. :P

RobG (the Aussie one)

Reply to
RobG

Etch: Check! (Hannants 0 - Uffe 1) :-) Resin: Does it exist in 1:72? Decals: Does it exist in 1:72?

Reply to
Uffe Bærentsen

It was a flippant comment Uffe, I have no idea if there's resin, decals or etch for that kit. :)

Rob.

Reply to
RobG