Italeri 1/48 Grippen

Just got this kit and in the box it looks beautiful. But as we know this can be somewhat misleading. I remember what I thought when I first looked at the F-18E and F-18F, looked good in the box but afterwards, well you all know what I mean. Anyway does anyone have any experience with this kit? Did Italeri make another stinker? Thanks

Mike

Reply to
MQM107

Why whats up with the Italeri F-18E?..... curious because I was toying with the idea of buying it so any thoughts will be most welcome

Regards Simon

Reply to
SiG

The problems with the Italeri F/A-18E kit...to recap:

1) Fit.

2) See #1.

3) It has a speedbrake between the tails. The real thing doesn't.

4) The pylons are A/B/C/D pylons - not E/F.

5) The pylons are not toed out 4 degrees like the on the real jet.

6) The landing gear are A/B/C/D landing gear - not E/F.

7) The ALE-50 standoff is missing.

8) The fuel tank is the wrong size.

9) Most of the panel lines are wrong.

10) The intake trunks are about 1/2 the length they should be.

11) The engine faces at the end of the intake trunks are about 1/2 the size they should be.

12) The fit sucks.

13) The cockpit is a POOR rendition of a C/D cockpit - w/ a decal for the MIP.

14) The cockpit glareshield is too long.

15) The included ordnance is poor.

16) They include an LST/SCAM for station 7...not on an E/F, you don't.

...that's just off the top of my head...and did I mention that the fit SUCKS? "Shitalleri" is being kind...

Better off waiting for the Monogram/Revell one.

Reply to
Rufus

Well...can't say I didn't ask can I?.......lol thanks for the heads up :-)

Regards Simon

Reply to
SiG

don't be shy, tells us why you hate it.

Well; other than that................ :-)

Reply to
Bill Woodier